Joining the Premise app seems to be an easy way to make extra money with your phone, but is it legit? Is it worth the time?
This Premise app review and earning guide breaks everything down, including whether or not the app is legit, who can join, how safe it is, how it works, how you'll be earning money, the earning potential, and more. All backed by first-hand experience, reviews, insights, and data from real Premise app users and other sources around the web.
Table of Contents
- Key Points ⚡
- What is the Premise App?
- Is It Legit?
- Payment Proof
- Who Can Join?
- Safety Inspection
- Support Quality
- How Does the Premise App Work?
- Earning Potential
- Review and Rating Breakdown
- Ways to Earn + Tips
- How to Cash Out
- Additional Tips, Notes, & Features
- User Reviews (3)
- Pros and Cons
- Is It Worth It?
- How to Get Started
- Final Thoughts
Key Points ⚡
|Location(s)||International (23 countries/regions)|
|Avg. Work Volume||A few opportunities a month|
|Avg. Time to 1st Withdrawal||4 days|
|Ways to Earn||Surveys, micro jobs, mystery shopping|
|Payout Options||Cryptocurrency, Payoneer, PayPal|
|Payment Speed||Up to 3 business days|
This Premise app review and guide was first written by Reddit user ImTheNesquikRabit who had been earning on Premise for around 2 months.
As part of a continued effort, we've so far surveyed a total of 3 Premise users for the earnings data and other user insights in this guide. (Note that all earnings data is in USD)
I (Dylan Houlihan) contributed and finalized this review and guide write-up by researching the safety, legitimacy, and reputation of Premise, along with adding other small details and editing for clarity. Enjoy!
Notice something incorrect or want to help us make this review more helpful? Leave a comment or contact us.
What is the Premise App?
The Premise app is a micro job marketplace that enables you to earn money by completing small tasks as an independent contractor or freelancer. These tasks include simple things you can do at home (like filling surveys) and tasks that you can do around your neighborhood while out and about (like confirming a store's operating hours).
Sign up for Swift Saturday Financial, a quick weekly newsletter that features extra money ideas, business stories, and other money-making tips!
Sent every Saturday. Unsubscribe at any time. I'll never share or sell your information.
About the Company
- Founded: 2012
- Legal name: Premise Data Corporation
- Located: 615 2nd Ave #100, Seattle, WA 98104, United States | 185 Berry St #6850, San Francisco, CA 94107, United States
- Founder(s): David Soloff | Joseph Reisinger
- Socials: LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram
- Contact details: Contact page | In-app chat | firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com | +1 415 813 5464
Is the Premise App Legit?
Yes, the Premise App is a legitimate money-making opportunity.
Here are some details to support that claim:
- It's free to sign up and start earning
- Premise makes no ridiculous or outlandish earnings claims about their app
- Before you sign up, it's clear how the Premise app works and how you can earn money with it
- It's easy to find the founders and team behind Premise, along with other information about the company
- The Premise team is active on social media
- There are many positive reviews of Premise on the App Store and Play Store
- Premise responds to both negative and positive user reviews frequently
- The minimum cashout on Premise is reasonable
- They pay (payment proof below)
I couldn't find any red flags while researching the Premise app.
Note: Have proof or evidence that we should know about? Leave a comment or contact us.
To further show that the Premise App is legit, here's a payment proof from our reviewer:
Who Can Join? (Requirements)
- Age requirement: Must be 13 years or older to register.
- Country requirements: Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Indonesia, Italy, Malaysia, Mexico, Nigeria, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Taiwan, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Vietnam
- Device requirements: Android, iOS
- Payout requirements: No strict requirements. Read the cashing out section to learn more.
- Skill requirements: No special skills required.
Conducted on November 7, 2021.
- SSL certificate? Yes.
- Personal data collected from Premise app workers:
- For registration: Email, language, full name, year of birth, location. If you sign in with a third-party service (like Facebook) additional information may be collected.
- For profile creation and relevant task distribution: Gender, employment status, education level, country/territory of origin, religion, ethnicity or ancestry, marital status, financial situation, living situation, number of household members, primary language, other languages you speak.
- Do they share user data? Yes, they may share your data with their partners and affiliated entities that provide services or conduct data processing on their behalf, or for data centralization and / or logistics purposes. They may also share your data with vendors, consultants, marketing partners, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on their behalf. Finally, they may also share your data an aggregated and/or anonymized form.
- Do they sell user data? Not specified.
- Can you opt out? Yes, by deleting your account.
- Do they protect user data? No data storage mesaures specified.
- Can you delete your account and data? You can delete your account by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. However, some information may be retained.
Is the Premise App Safe?
The Premise app seems relatively safe to use. Like most survey apps, it collects quite a bit of personal information, but nothing extremely sensitive. The fact it collects location information for location-based tasks is more concerning, but then again, lots of apps collect location information these days (and most of them don't give you anything in return for it).
In terms of data sharing, Premise mentions sharing user data with its partners and affiliates, but they don't mention exactly who those partners and affiliates are. More clarification would be nice.
Tip: As always, we'd recommend creating a separate email account for signing up to Premise. That way you'll keep your main email inbox free of potential spam.
Note: To see what users think about Premise's safety, read our 3 Premise user reviews.
Obligatory disclaimer: Nothing on the internet is 100% safe or private. The above are opinions based on our independent research. Please take caution and do your own due diligence.
Premise App Support Quality
Here are the support experiences we've gathered from the 3 Premise app users we've surveyed :
I had to contact support for a task that hadn't been reviewed for over 7 days. They got back to me very quickly within probably 2 hours of contacting them and were very helpful and informative and everything was taken care of.– Sam Klein
I only had to contact support once. I was just curious about when a specific type of task would be back, they responded very quickly and in a very human maner.– Anonymous reviewer
Note: Have you had experience with Premise app support? Leave a review below.
How Does the Premise App Work?
The Premise app is very easy to use as a contributor. After downloading the app, creating an account, and filling your profile (check the getting started section for more info on this), you'll be able to start doing a variety of paid tasks available on the app. These include surveys and location-based tasks (like locating stores or scanning barcodes).
These tasks are created by governments, humanitarian groups, and for-profit businesses, who pay Premise to distribute their tasks to their global workforce. These organizations use the data gathered by the Premise workforce to improve their operations, which helps local communities.
As a freelancer/independent contractor, you can do these tasks whenever and however often you want.
After completing enough tasks to rack up at least $10, you'll be able to cash out your earnings via a variety of cash-based options (more info in the cashing out section).
The amount you'll earn for each task depends on the task completed, but of the 3 users we've surveyed, average earnings currently sit at $5.33/hour (more info in the earning potential section).
Premise App Earning Potential
Based on 3 Premise app users that we've surveyed so far, here are the stats we gathered on Premise's earning potential:
- Avg. $/hour: $5.33
- Highest $/hour: $10
- Lowest $/hour: $1
- Avg. $/month: $23.33
- Highest $/month: $40
- Lowest $/month: $10
Note: These numbers are updated regularly as we survey more users. Sign up here to stay up to date + receive exclusive content. If you're a Premise user, help us gather more accurate data by contacting us!
How Often Is Work Available?
We asked 3 Premise app users, “How often do you make money from Premise?” Here are their responses:
- 66.7% said a few times a month
- 33.3% said a few times a week
Read the full user reviews below for more details behind these numbers.
- Bottom line? Premise app tasks are an opportunity for side cash. They don't pay enough, and they aren't frequent enough, to replace a full-time job.
- Want to share your experience? Leave a comment!
Premise App Review and Rating Breakdown
- Earning Potential
- Work Volume
- Payout Options
- Payout Minimum
- Payout Speed
The Premise app offers some legitimate opportunities to earn money from your phone, including simple surveys and interesting mystery shopper-type tasks. You won't earn a ton, but the app is reputable, offers a good set of payout options, and it's very easy to get started. Overall, this is one of the better mobile money-makers.
Ways to Earn on the Premise App + Tips
There are three main earning opportunities available on the Premise App:
Surveys are the easiest way to earn cash on the Premise app. They consist of multiple choice pick-and-choose your answer type of questions, without any writing required.
You'll typically earn around $0.25 per completed survey, with each one taking around 3-4 minutes to complete.
Tip: It's best to do all your available surveys in one run because surveys often show up and rotate depending on how many people are in your area participating in the same surveys.
2. Locate Tasks
With locate tasks, you'll be asked to locate a type of item or location. For example, you might be asked to find a school, ATM, type of cheese, or similar. Then, you'll have to complete a set of tasks related to that location or item.
- Entering the information of the product/item
- Taking a photo of a product from all sides
- Snapping photos of a location (e.g. a school)
- Record a video of a location
- Answer questions about a location
These types of tasks typically pay around $0.50-$10 each.
3. Exploration Tasks
Exploration tasks require you to complete a set of tasks at a specific location. For example, you might have to go to the Walmart up your street and take a set of photos of a particular product stand. Or, you might have to go to your local 7-11 and take some photos of the current Slurpee selection.
Availability of tasks depends on your location, their need for information in your area, and how many people in your area are reserving tasks for later.
Most Explore tasks pay $5 each but some users have reported earning $20+ for some of them.
Tip: When completing a Locate or Explore task that requires photo-taking, make sure your photos are clear with no obstructions. Also, make sure you're taking a photo of the exact thing asked for in the task description. For more information and to reduce the risk of getting banned from certain tasks, there are training tasks available in the Premise app.
How to Cash Out on the Premise App
The Premise app offers 7 different payout options (more details on each below):
- Mobile Top-Up
- Coinbase (Bitcoin)
- M-Paisa (unconfirmed)
- Transpay (unconfirmed)
The options you have access to will vary based on your location. Minimum payouts will vary by location as well, but in the US, they start at $10.
Once you've added a payment method and earned enough money to meet the minimum threshold, you can request your payment. Payments can take up to 3 days to receive. If yours takes longer, contact support.
- Minimum Payout: $10-$12
- Fees: None
2. Mobile Top-Up
- Minimum Payout: $6.50
- Fees: None
3. Coinbase (Bitcoin)
- Minimum Payout: $10-$12
- Fees: None
If you choose this method, you'll be paid in Bitcoin.
- Minimum Payout: $20
- Fees: None
Additional Tips, Notes, and Features
1. Training Tasks
Training tasks can typically be found in the “My Tasks” section of the Premise app. These are unpaid tasks that walk you through how to properly complete certain types of tasks within the app.
For example, there's a training available on the “best practices” for photo-taking tasks when you first sign up.
Some training tasks will unlock additional paid tasks once you complete them, so even though the training is unpaid, they can be worthwhile.
2. Reserving Tasks
If you see a task that you like but don't have time to do it right away, tap it and hit “Save For Later”
Doing this will give you 24 hours to finish the task without the risk of it expiring. You can do this for up to 20 tasks at a time.
Recently, Premise has started to crackdown on contributors who are breaking the rules for monetary gain. Make sure you DON'T:
- Create multiple accounts
- Use a VPN
- Share your account
- Submit dishonest answers
- more details here
Premise App Reviews From Real Users
We've currently gathered a total of 3 Premise app reviews from real users. Each reviewer was given a small incentive for providing their unbiased thoughts and feedback.
Anonymous User (3.5/5)
- From: Brazil
- Age: 27
- User for: 18 months
- Total earned: $150
- Avg. $/hour: $10
- Avg. $/month: $20
- Receives work: Less than a few times a month
- Time to first withdrawal: 1 day
Overall thoughts? It used to be a good side hustle, you couldn't survive out of it, but you could certainly pay some bills with that money. Unfortunately, it started to go down the ladder at some point, the good-paying exploration tasks disappeared and the research tasks are the only way of doing some money now, but you probably expending more money charging your cellphone than you'll actually be paid in the end.
Nowadays I just use it before going to bed or during boring situations, one could probably make way more trying hard but I'm making something between USD2-3 a month
Would you recommend it to others? Yes, I recommend it because, why not? You've really got nothing to lose except 5 minutes or so, it's like having a piggy bank.
How's the user experience? It's getting better day by day, it's a pretty simple app.
Any safety concerns? Other than checking the map before going out on an exploration task, nothing really dangerous. The research tasks seem to be for scientific purposes so they never ask anything personal.
Tips for new users? (1) Focus on the Explore tasks if available.
- The minimum needed to cash out used to be $0.25
- Going out exploring the city feels pretty gameable, very rewarding.
- The amount of money you could make was really decent, not merely cents
- Receiving payment in USD
- The app was slow in some actions
- Low pay for survey tasks
- They change the minimum withdrawal amount too often
- Sometimes, very rarely, the map on the app would send you to a empty lot
- From: United States
- Age: 21
- User for: 2 months
- Total earned: $10
- Avg. $/hour: $1
- Avg. $/month: $10
- Receives work: Less than a few times a month
- Time to first withdrawal: 1 day
Overall thoughts? If you can get over the slightly slow interface, then it's worth giving it a try and the other tasks (explore or locate) give out more than just 25 cents, it's usually $1.00 or more. I just do the surveys though as I don't have the time to perform the other tasks.
Would you recommend it to others? Only if you have the patience for it because doing tasks other than just surveys can net you a handsome sum.
How's the user experience? Fantastic except for when the app takes forever to load. Also, some tasks will just move to the top when you're finished with it but then when you go to click on it says it can't.
Any safety concerns? You'll have to make an account giving your name and email, possibly your age as well.
Tips for new users? (1) Get as much done as you can so you'll be able to get more surveys and/or locate and explore tasks.
- Variety of ways to earn including surveys, locate tasks and explore tasks
- You don't get disqualified from surveys, disqualification from other surveys is a common annoyance with other apps/sites
- Simple interface
- Locate task are often confusing to me because of the way they explain them
- How slow the app can be when you're trying to load another survey.
Sam Klein (4.5/5)
- From: United States
- Age: 31
- User for: 2 months
- Total earned: $80
- Avg. $/hour: $5
- Avg. $/month: $40
- Receives work: A few times a week
- Time to first withdrawal: 7 days
Overall thoughts? This is an awesome way to make a little extra quick cash. Most of the time you're already going to stores anyways so why not snap a few pictures of different items and get paid for it. Plus it gives you a sense of feeling like a mystery shopper so it can be kind of entertaining.
Would you recommend it to others? Yes definitely, I'd recommend it to anyone trying to make extra money it's one of the best paying and easiest to complete money-making apps I've used and have had quick payouts of decent amounts of money so it's definitely worth the time.
How's the user experience? Very easy to use interface and tasks are well explained and easy to complete. Overall I'd say it's my favorite app to use.
Any safety concerns? None whatsoever I've had no issues at all.
Tips for new users? (1) Use locate tasks to make money quickly (2) Pay attention to locations because some have multiple tasks available you can knock out for one store while you're there. (3) Make sure to refresh often to see new tasks available — they add and remove them randomly throughout the day.
- Immediate payout to your PayPal
- Lots of decently paying items to locate at certain stores
- Its pretty easy to use
- Theres tasks for price check worth a dollar you can usually find at any store near you
- Quick and easy money maker
- You have to reach $10 minimum to cash out
- You have to wait for them to review each completed task which sometimes happens within 24 hours but I've waited longer then 7 days for some higher paying things to be reviewed
- Some of the stores are far away or not available in my area
- They rarely have any explore options which pay really good sometimes up to $20 per task
- The stores may not have the item so you can waste time going for nothing
See more reviews in the comments or leave your own!
Premise App Pros and Cons
- Flexible work – You can work whenever and however much you want.
- Easy to use and earn with
- Good payout options
- Some tasks can be a fun experience
- Variety of ways to earn
- Survey disqualifications are uncommon
- Fast payouts
- App can be slow and glitchy at times
- Some tasks (like surveys) pay pretty low
- Tasks can be confusing (and messing them up can cause account suspensions)
- Tasks must be reviewed before payment is added – This can take some time.
- Depending on your demographics, you might not receive many tasks
Is the Premise App Worth It?
The Premise app is definitely one of the better paying survey/microtasking apps out there right now. So if you're looking to make a few extra bucks a month with your phone, it might be worth downloading and trying out. It's easy to use, some tasks can be pretty fun, the payout minimum isn't too high, and there are some good payment methods to choose from.
That said, if you're not very active on your phone, this app might not be the one for you. Or, if you're looking to make a more significant and consistent income, again, this app probably isn't for you.
How to Get Started on the Premise App
Getting started as a contributor on the Premise app is easy and can be done in 3 simple steps:
Step 1. Download the App and Create an Account
You can download the app here. When creating an account, you can choose to sign up with an email address or you can log in with your Google or Facebook account.
We'd recommend using a secondary email address specifically created for apps like this. That way, you'll keep your main inbox clean and safe in case of a data breach.
Note: Unless you were invited to the app by a specific company, you can ignore the “partner code” section on the sign-up page.
Step 2. Fill In Your Profile
You technically don't have to do this right away, but it's worth getting it over with if you have time.
Like other survey apps, filling your profile involves answering questions about things like your gender, employment, religion, etc. (check the safety inspection section above for more details).
Tip: Be sure to answer the questions honestly and accurately. There's no way of updating your answers later at the moment.
You'll earn $0.25 right off the bat for filling your profile. Sweet!
Step 3. Start Tasking
Once your profile is filled you're ready to start completing other tasks in the Premise app. Pick and choose whatever you like!
If you need a refresher at any time, you can read the sections above to learn more about the ways to earn on Premise, how to cash out, additional features, and more.
Premise App Alternatives
If you want to increase your income, joining multiple apps like Premise can help.
Here are some Premise app alternatives to check out:
- Surveys on the Go
- Eureka Surveys
- Survey Junkie
- Yandex Toloka
- Field Agent
For more alternatives (and additional details) read our guide to paid survey sites and apps and our guide to micro-jobs.
And for more similar money-making ideas and opportunities, check out the Hustle Finder, or one of these guides:
- Sites That Will Pay You to Test Websites and Apps
- Apps That Pay You to Walk
- Beginner Transcription Jobs from Home
- Ways to Make Extra Money
- Ways for Teens to Make Money
- How to Start Working From Home
Hope you found this review of the Premise app helpful! If you did, please consider sharing it to spread the word — one share helps more than you know!
- Are you a Premise contributor? Click here to leave your own short Premise app review below.
- Have questions or feedback? Leave a comment or contact us.
Leave a Reply