About UserTesting (for Contributors)
UserTesting contributors (i.e. testers) can earn money by participating in usability tests and live research interviews. Upon completion of a test, payments are automatically sent within 7 days.
General Details 📜
|Helps You:||Hire Help Make Money|
|Opportunities:||Diary Study Participation Market Research Participation Moderated Testing Physical Product Testing Research Interview Participation |
Key Points 📝
|Work Type:||Contract, Freelance|
Payments are sent automatically so there's no need to manually request a payout.
|Payout Speed:||7 days|
|Other Notes:||Occasionally, at the end of a test, a researcher might offer you a bonus payment.|
- Good pay. $15-$60 USD/hour is an extremely good average hourly rate.
- Tests are fun and interesting. We've done tests for some well-known companies, which is really cool.
- Weekly payments.
- No minimum to cash out.
- Works on multiple platforms/devices.
- Free to join.
- Easy work.
- Good customer support.
- Not a job replacement.
- PayPal payments only.
- You might not get accepted. If UserTesting already has enough testers from your country, they might decline your application.
- Tests come on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- You will take a lot of screeners and not qualify.
- Live conversations can sometimes be uncomfortable and boring.
- Not available for Linux users.
- Don't lie on screeners. While this can be tempting, UserTesting will most likely find out and it could get you banned.
- Fill out your profile fully, accurately, and keep it updated. This will help you receive more relevant testing opportunities.
- Leave the dashboard open at all times. Some tests go very quickly but leaving your dashboard open will allow you to see them as soon as they're posted, giving you a better chance of qualifying.
- Read the test description before trying to qualify. There’s no point in wasting your time taking a test screener that you know you won’t qualify for.
- Conduct tests in a quiet room. This will help improve your tester rating.
- Test your mic before starting a test.
- Speak clearly and follow instructions carefully when conducting a test.
Note: The pros, cons, and tips featured above are manually curated summaries and/or direct excerpts from our 10 UserTesting Contributor reviews.