Note: We may earn a commission from affiliate links on this page. These do not affect our ratings or recommendations.
User Interviews Review At a Glance
- We believe User Interviews is legit. We gave it a trust rating of 5/5. View reasoning.
- Based on our combined research and user reviews, User Interviews seems to be a good earning opportunity for Participants. It has an overall earner score of 4.1/5. View our research or read the user reviews.
- Based on our combined research and user reviews, User Interviews seems to provide a good product/service for Researchers. It has an overall consumer score of 5/5. View our research.
What Is User Interviews?
User Interviews is a crowdsourcing platform that connects researchers with paid study participants. Founded in 2015, the platform supports a variety of study formats (in-person, online, etc.) and types (focus groups, 1-on-1, etc.), and has been used by companies like Adobe, Spotify, Amazon, and more.
General Details 📜
|Helps You:||Hire Help Make Money|
|Platform Type:||Crowdsourcing Marketplace Crowdtesting Rewards|
|Opportunities:||Academic Research Participation Diary Study Participation Focus Group Participation Market Research Participation Physical Product Testing |
Contact Info ☎️
|Socials:||LinkedIn • Twitter • Facebook • YouTube • Facebook Participant Community|
|Emails:||email@example.com (for general support) • firstname.lastname@example.org • email@example.com • firstname.lastname@example.org (for researchers' project-related queries) • email@example.com • firstname.lastname@example.org (for researchers' subscription payments) • email@example.com (for researchers' billing inquiries) • firstname.lastname@example.org (for participants' receipt of gift cards)|
|Support Pages:||Participant Resources • Researcher Resources|
Company Details 🏢
|Legal Name:||User Interviews, Inc.|
|Founders:||Basel Fakhoury • Bob Saris • Dennis Meng|
|Headquarters:||Brooklyn, New York, United States|
Who Is User Interviews For?
User Interviews is for two groups of people: those looking to conduct market research studies and those looking to make money participating in said studies. For researchers, the platform offers many solutions for all kinds of research needs. For participants, although the platform doesn't offer a steady stream of income, there is potential for a good source of side cash!
|Minimum Age:||16 years old|
Those under 18 must have consent from a parent or legal guardian.
|Supported Locations:||Australia, Canada, France, Germany, South Africa |
The supported locations above are related to participants only. Researchers can sign up from anywhere in the world.
|Supported Devices:||Computer Browser, Smartphone Browser, Tablet Browser|
User Interviews can be accessed via a web browser on any device (user experience may vary).
|Other:||Phone number verification.|
How Does User Interviews Work?
There are 2 types of users on User Interviews:
- Participants (earners)
- Researchers (buyers / consumers)
Here's how User Interviews works for each of those user types:
How User Interviews Works For Participants
User Interviews participants can earn money by taking part in a range of study types including focus groups, usability tests, surveys, 1-on-1 interviews, and more. There's no minimum payout on the platform, so earnings are paid out after each completed study via PayPal, direct deposit, or gift card.
Key Points 🔑
|Payout Options:||Cash Charity Donations Check Direct Deposit Gift Cards |
Payout options vary based on location and the study/task being completed. Some study payments are distributed by User Interviews, others are distributed by the researcher running the study. Referral earnings are always paid out via Amazon gift card.
|Payout Speed:||0-12 days|
Payout speeds vary by study and payout option, with payouts taking a maximum of 10 business days.
Pros, cons, and tips are based on real User Interviews Participant reviews.
Getting Started 🔢
Becoming a User Interviews participant is free. To get started, head over to the platform's website and create an account. You can do this by signing up via email or an existing LinkedIn or Facebook account. During signup, you'll also be asked to provide your phone number for identity verification.
Earning Money 💵
The main way to earn money on User Interviews is by participating in paid studies. When you access your participant dashboard, you'll be able to see and filter through all of the available studies on the platform. When you see a study that interests you, you can apply for a chance to participate in it.
There are a variety of types of studies you can apply for, including:
- Unmoderated studies. These include online surveys and usability tests. Some will require you to record yourself, your screen, and/or your audio.
- 1-on-1 interviews. These involve getting together with a researcher face to face (either over webcam, phone, or in-person) and answering questions.
- Multi-day/diary studies. With these, you'll be asked to conduct certain activities over the course of multiple days, weeks, or months. For example, you may be asked to record your food/drink intake.
- Focus groups. With these studies, you'll participate alongside one or more other participants.
Be sure to accurately set up your profile to get matched with more relevant studies. Then, start applying to studies that you think are a good fit for you, your experience, and your interests.
Once you're accepted for a study, select a session time that works for you, and remember to show up on that schedule. After completing the study, you'll receive payment based on the study's payment terms.
Besides studies, you can also earn money by referring other participants to User Interviews. This can be done in two ways:
- General referral. Refer someone to the platform and you'll both receive $10 once they complete their first study.
- Study referral. Refer someone to a specific, eligible study and you'll both receive $30 if they successfully complete that specific study.
Referral bonuses are paid out via Amazon gift card.
Cashing Out 💰
Once you have earned any amount of money (there's no minimum payout), you can cash out your User Interviews earnings via Cash, Charity Donations, Check, Direct Deposit, Gift Cards, PayPal, Prepaid Credit Cards or Tango Card.
After cashing out, you can expect to receive your User Interviews payout in 0-12 days. (Payout speeds vary by study and payout option, with payouts taking a maximum of 10 business days.)
How User Interviews Works For Researchers
User Interviews researchers (i.e. customers) can sign up for free and use the platform to conduct a variety of studies. Study participants can be sourced from the platform itself or brought over directly.
Key Points 🔑
|Costs / Fees:||Participant recruitment starts at $45/session. The Research Hub is free to try if you bring your own participants. Fees include sales tax, 3% processing costs, and cancellation fees, if applicable.|
|Payment Options:||Check, Credit Card, Direct Deposit, Wire Transfer|
Getting Started 🔢
Becoming a researcher on User Interviews is completely free. To get started, you'll need to provide your name, work email, password, and reason for signing up. You can also sign in via an existing Google account.
Once signed up, you're ready to start conducting research.
Launching Studies 💼
User Interviews offers two primary products for researchers:
- Recruit. Quickly target, source, and filter quality participants from the existing User Interviews database.
- Research Hub. This is User Interviews' custom panel software. If you already have existing participants and want custom-branding + tools to manage and conduct your research, this is what you'll want.
With both of the above solutions, you can choose to run any of the four (4) types of studies available on User Interviews, including 1-on-1 interviews, focus groups, multi-day studies, and unmoderated tasks. Each of these can be done online, over the phone, or in person.
Pricing varies by product:
- Pay As You Go: $45/session.
- Starter: $175/month with 60 sessions/year.
- Essential: $325/month with 150 sessions/year.
- Custom: If you need more than the above plans offer.
- Research Hub
- Free Forever: Max of 100 contacts.
- Essential: $250/month with a max of 1000 contacts.
- Premium: $1,250/month with a max of 5000 contacts.
- Enterprise: Customizable.
1 session/contact = 1 successful participant.
Free Platform Discovery Tool
Find other helpful platforms for making money, managing your finances, growing your business, and more!Try It!