Swagbucks is one of the most well-known rewards platforms on the web. Here, members can earn and save money by taking surveys, completing offers, scanning receipts, shopping for cash back, and more. Founded in 2008, the platform is owned and operated by Prodege, a marketing and consumer insights company that was founded in 2005.
General Details 📜
|Helps You:||Make Money Save Money|
|Opportunities:||Browser Gaming Cashback Code Entry Rewards Daily Goal Completion Rewards Gaming Offer Completion |
Details for Members 💰
|Income Type:||Active, Semi-Passive|
You can earn semi-passive income on Swagbucks by using the platform's search engine and referring new members. You'll get a 10% commission on all referral earnings.
Accounts that have not been logged into and earned on in one (1) year may be deemed inactive and closed.
|Point Conversion:||1 Swagbucks point is worth $0.01. 100 points = $1. To reach the minimum payout amount listed below, you'll need to have around 300 points.|
Minimum payout varies by payout option. Charity donations can be redeemed for lower than the minimum payout amount for cash rewards.
|Payout Options:||Charity Donations Gift Cards Payoneer PayPal Air Canada Gift Card |
Payout options may vary by country.
|Payout Speed:||1-12 days|
Payouts can take up to 10 business days to be delivered.
|Commissions / Fees:||$2 fee on all Payoneer payouts.|
|Sign Up Bonus:||This varies and isn't always available, but occasionally Swagbucks will offer $5-$10 sign up bonuses if you complete a certain number of tasks shortly after signing up. Check your Swag Ups to see if you have a bonus offer after signing up.|
- Lots of ways to earn, with many of them being very simple + there are savings opportunities as well.
- Good selection of payout options.
- Run by a reputable company with lots of history behind it.
- Available on desktop and mobile and the platform is easy to navigate on both.
- Runs bonus events quite often which can be fun and rewarding.
- Won't make you rich. Top earners can expect maybe $50-$200/month.
- Payouts can be slow compared to similar rewards platforms.
- Can be a bit overwhelming. Swagbucks has a lot going on so there's a teeny bit of a learning curve.
- You won't qualify for every survey. This is a problem with most survey sites though, not just Swagbucks.
- After signing up, check your Swag Ups section for a sign up bonus offer. For example, you may be rewarded if you earn 300 Swagbucks in your first 30 days of joining.
- Install the SwagButton to get notified of cashback deals and promo codes automatically as you browse the web and shop online.
- Keep an eye out for on-sale payout options. Swagbucks will occasionally make certain payout options cheaper than others.
Note: The pros, cons, and tips featured above are manually curated summaries and/or direct excerpts from our 42 Swagbucks Member reviews.
Swagbucks Member Statistics
We've gathered 42 Swagbucks Member reviews from 14 unique countries/regions.
Here are some insights and statistics from those reviews:
Reported Hourly Earnings
Reported Monthly Earnings
Reported Time to Reach Minimum Payout Amount (For the 1st Time)
- Unknown (9.52%)
- <= 5 minutes (0%)
- <= 1 hour (0%)
- <= 1 day (14.29%)
- <= 1 week (21.43%)
- <= 2 weeks (16.67%)
- <= 3 weeks (7.14%)
- <= 1 month (16.67%)
- > 1 month (14.29%)
- > 1 year (0%)
Statistics above are based on self-reported data from our 42 Swagbucks Member reviews.
Help contribute by writing a review!
About the Reviewers
Reviews By Total Earnings
- Unknown (2.38%)
- Less than $100 (57.14%)
- $100-$999 (35.71%)
- $1,000-$9,999 (4.76%)
- $10,000-$49,999 (0%)
- $50,000-$99,999 (0%)
- $100,000+ (0%)
Reviews By Age Range
- Unknown (0%)
- 13-17 (9.52%)
- 18-24 (61.9%)
- 25-34 (26.19%)
- 35-44 (2.38%)
- 45-54 (0%)
- 55-64 (0%)
- 65+ (0%)
Reviews By Length of Use
- < 1 month (0%)
- 1-3 months (16.67%)
- 3-6 months (16.67%)
- 6-12 months (16.67%)
- 1-2 years (21.43%)
- 2-3 years (9.52%)
- 3-5 years (11.9%)
- 5+ years (7.14%)
Are you a Swagbucks Member?
Share your experience with other Swagbucks Members and help others learn more about the platform!
Only recommended for people who are really desperate and with the caveat to be careful.
Most popular beermoney app so lots of options and payments. However, it's so risky, glitchy, etc it's just not worth it for me
- great for teenagers
- broad range of activities
- payout is very low for tasks
- tasks are high risk. Require money upfront or time that screens you out
- several offers never come through
- use the passive videos on your phone and follow Reddit guides for best advice
- look to other people before jumping into time or money consuming offers. Make sure they've approved others first
Only recommenmd it to people who have nothing to do in their time
Very straight-forward, no bullshit. You do work and you get paid. I will probably stop doing these things for a while and come back when they start broadening the targets for their surveys
- Just point and click to gain money
- Videos that you can watch to gain money are quite entertaining actually
- Straight-forward site
- The surveys are very targeted towards old people, I dont know why. (Thankfully, there are a few surveys that accept the demographic I'm from)
- Get's boring after some time, Money is the only motivation
Don't expect to be rich doing these things
There’s many ways to make money on the website
I think it’s a great website and app to use if you want to make quick cash on the side. There’s many tasks that vary; it could be completed certain levels in a game to scanning an old receipt of laundry detergent. There’s many ways to earn points on the site if you invest your time into it.
I like how they have a wide range of payout options as well as making money itself. It’s important to have a big range of things to do so it doesnt become dull. Swagbucks has that
The payouts for a Visa card take a moderately long time. I have not used the payout option for PayPal yet as I have not been using Swagbucks as much, but their Visa cards could come up to 7-14 days via email.
Make sure you’re honest and have fun with what you’re doing. There’s many ways to make cash/have points so try them out.
One of the better GPT sites
In my opinion Swagbucks can be kind of a mixed bag, but it's probably one of the better GPT sites and there's good opportunities on it. If you know where to look, you can find a decent number of worthwhile offers and ways to make money (I'm definitely not an expert on all the different things there are to do on the site) and there's a good variety of different offers as well.
I guess I would say I recommend it. It's not always the easiest to earn money on it, but it's one of the better GPT sites and there's at least some good offers on there. They have a good variety of payment methods as well which is a plus. I also believe it's available outside of the US which not all beermoney sites are.
- Variety in types of offers -- there are surveys, passive earning (Watch), game/app offers, etc.
- Usually reliable with regards to payment (i.e. payout is fairly fast in my experience and most of the time you do actually get paid for offers)
- Good online community around it -- the people on the subreddit and Discord can recommend offers & give tips
- Hard to find good offers sometimes. There are a lot of bad ones and you have to actively look for worthwhile ones. Work can dry up at times
- Hard to have a steady stream of income
- From what I understand the pay rate is lower than some other GPT sites
- Join the Swagbucks Discord server -- they have a channel where they post new offers as well as Swag Codes, and you can also share Swagbucks Live answers if that's something you're doing.
- Surveys are mostly a waste of time in my opinion unless they're the high-paying ones like Remesh surveys.
- Every month you can get a $25 Visa gift card for a 13% discount -- good thing to take advantage of if you want to stretch your Swagbucks further
- Try to redeem early so that you don't have a ton of SB sitting in your account, but also keep in mind that if you redeem more than $600 then Swagbucks will have to send you a tax form
Small but consistent payout.
I enjoy using the site because I know I'll definitely get rewarded from it. The payout isn't big but it's consistent and reliable. It's easy to complete the surveys and doesn't take too much time to do it. I like that there is a range of gift card rewards to choose from like Amazon, fuel, restaurants, etc.
- easy to use
- new surveys every day
- reliable payout
- fast payout
- lots of different gift card options for payout
- not eligible for every survey shown
- about 5 percent of surveys will have some sort of error where you waste time and don't get a payout
- low payout
- fill out all of the profile information it asks for
- complete each survey
- go on the site daily
Nice way to earn extra income by working a few hours on your end.
A very nice way to earn some side money if you can spend a few hours on the site.
- Surveys, pay higher rates
- Gaming, Nice rates
- Cashbacks, help save money while shopping.
- Web search, cumbersome
- Some tasks are not available in my country
- Start with surveys first, they are easier
- Take longer surveys, they pay well
- Play atleast one game daily
- Shop using their site.
A good source of income
A nice avenue for fun and cash at the same time.
- Easy points
- Easy tasks
- Nice interface
- Some tasks have huge bonus points that help you earn more points
- Delayed payments
- The points may take long to accumulate to the desired withdrawal level.
- Start small
- Be active
- Teach yourself some skills
- Choose game based tasks.
Pay is low you have to keep working to make more
You can make money without working for anyone
Pay is low
- be ready to spend time working
- easy to use
- can work from anywhere
- time consuming
- sometimes payment takes forever
Maximize every opportunity
Should not be solely relied on since there is not too much tasks to do
- They have a variety of tasks available as long as your profile is complete.
- Simple tasks and great rewards
- They do not guarantee that you will qualify for the surveys
- The surveys are not consistently available in this site
Update your profile several times each week