What Is Swagbucks?
Swagbucks is one of the most well-known rewards platforms on the web. Here, members can earn and save money by taking surveys, completing offers, scanning receipts, shopping for cash back, and more. Founded in 2008, the platform is owned and operated by Prodege, a marketing and consumer insights company that was founded in 2005.
General Details 📜
|Helps You:||Make Money Save Money|
|Opportunities:||Browser Gaming Cashback Code Entry Rewards Daily Goal Completion Rewards Gaming Offer Completion |
Contact Info ☎️
|Socials:||LinkedIn • Facebook • Facebook Canada • Twitter • Instagram • Instagram Canada • Pinterest • YouTube • Subreddit|
|Support Pages:||Help Page|
Company Details 🏢
|Parent Company:||Prodege, LLC|
|Sister Platforms:||MyPoints • InboxDollars|
|Founders:||Josef Gorowitz • Scott Dudelson|
|Headquarters:||El Segundo, California, United States|
Who Is Swagbucks For?
Swagbucks is for anyone looking to earn rewards by doing simple tasks and daily activities. Whether you're looking to earn a bit of extra money or you want some savings on your grocery runs or online shopping trips, Swagbucks nearly has something for everyone. Keep in mind, this platform is not a job replacement and shouldn't be relied on as a steady stream of income!
|Minimum Age:||13 years old|
Those under the age of majority must have permission from a parent or legal guardian.
Available opportunities my vary by country.
|Supported Languages:||Dansk, Deutsch, English, Español, Français |
|Supported Devices:||Computer, Smartphone, Tablet, Android Phone, Android Tablet |
Swagbucks can be accessed via web browser on any device (user experience may vary) or via the apps available on the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
How Does Swagbucks Work?
Swagbucks members can earn SB by taking surveys, completing promotional offers, playing games, shopping for cashback, scanning receipts, and more. 1 SB = $0.01. After accumulating $3.00 (~300 SB), earnings can be cashed out via PayPal, gift cards, Payoneer, charity donations, and more.
Becoming a Swagbucks member is free. To get started, head over to the site or download the app and register your account. All you need to sign up is an email address, or you can sign up with an existing Google or Apple account.
Earning money and saving money:
There are a variety of ways to earn money on Swagbucks:
- Surveys. Swagbucks sources market research surveys from a variety of providers. Before taking a survey you can see its estimated length and payment amount. Simply answer the questions honestly and accurately to earn. You can increase your chance of receiving relevant surveys by filling your survey profile (you'll also earn 2 SB for every 10 profile questions you complete).
- Promotional offers. These involve a variety of tasks including getting paid to sign up for new services (free and paid), downloading new apps, and more.
- Browser games. Swagbucks offers its own share of free-to-play browser games including 2048, solitaire, word search, and more. Playing these games can award up to 6 SB per play, but this is awarded randomly, so you might have to play a few times.
- Receipt sharing. This could be seen as a form of saving, but it's more accurate to say that you're getting paid for your data. You can either scan receipts with anything on them for a small amount of SB, or you can add specific items to you Swagbucks "shopping list" and then scan a receipt containing those items. Some items offer more SB than others.
- Searching the web. If you search the web using Swagbucks' search bar, you have the chance to earn anywhere from 1-1000SB for each search. These bonuses are random and won't apply to your daily goal (explained below). You can increase your chances of earning by setting Swagbucks as your default search engine.
- Swag codes. These appear via the SwagButton extension, on the mobile app, and on Swagbucks' social media. Enter them on the platform to receive 1+ SB instantly.
- Daily poll. You can find this in your todo list. Answer it (it's 1 question) for an easy 1 SB.
- Daily to do list. Every day, your Swagbucks to-do list will reset. Complete the tasks on your list to earn a bonus. Completing more tasks will increase the bonus amount.
- Daily earnings goal. You can earn another bonus by earning at least 30 SB for the day (and a bigger bonus for earning more).
- Streak rewards. If you hit your daily earnings goal for multiple days in a row, you'll earn another bonus. The larger your streak, the bigger the bonus.
- Limited-time events. Sometimes Swagbucks runs special events for bonus earnings. For example, the SWAGO event is a bingo-style event where you're tasked with marking off as many squares of the board as possible by completing specific tasks. The more squares you complete, the bigger your bonus.
- Swagstakes. These are raffles that you can spend SB to enter. For example, you can spend 2 SB for the chance to win 100 SB. The raffles have typically have a limited number of available entries to give you a better chance of winning.
- Referrals. Share your referral link to get a 300 SB bonus if your referral earns 300 SB in their first 30 days of joining + you'll get a 10% commission on their earnings for life.
You can also save money with Swagbucks via:
- Cashback shopping. Swagbucks has partnered with a variety of stores and travel booking providers to offer cashback in the form of SB. Just shop through the platform (or download the SwagButton extension) to earn.
- Promo codes. Swagbucks occasionally has promo codes for stores. Again, the SwagButton extension can alert you of these automatically.
During your time using Swagbucks, you may receive Swag Ups. These are powerups that you can activate to get things like bonus earnings, reward discounts, and other limited-time benefits.
Once you have at least $3.00 (~300 SB) in your earnings balance, you can cash out via Charity Donations, Gift Cards, Payoneer or PayPal. Payouts typically take 1-12 days to be sent out.
Details for Members 💰
|Income Type:||Active, Semi-Passive|
You can earn semi-passive income on Swagbucks by using the platform's search engine and referring new members. You'll get a 10% commission on all referral earnings.
Accounts that have not been logged into and earned on in one (1) year may be deemed inactive and closed.
|Point Conversion:||1 Swagbucks point is worth $0.01. 100 points = $1. To reach the minimum payout amount listed below, you'll need to have around 300 points.|
Minimum payout varies by payout option. Charity donations can be redeemed for lower than the minimum payout amount for cash rewards.
|Payout Options:||Charity Donations Gift Cards Payoneer PayPal Air Canada Gift Card |
Payout options may vary by country.
|Payout Speed:||1-12 days|
Payouts can take up to 10 business days to be delivered.
|Commissions / Fees:||$2 fee on all Payoneer payouts.|
|Sign Up Bonus:||This varies and isn't always available, but occasionally Swagbucks will offer $5-$10 sign up bonuses if you complete a certain number of tasks shortly after signing up. Check your Swag Ups to see if you have a bonus offer after signing up.|
Pros and cons are based on real Swagbucks Member reviews.
Tip: Read our Swagbucks Earning Guide to learn more about making money on the platform.
Sign up for Swift Saturday Financial, a quick weekly newsletter that features platforms (and other ideas) to help you make more money and manage your money better!
Sent every Saturday. Unsubscribe at any time. I'll never share or sell your information.
Swagbucks Videos and Images
Editorial Swagbucks Review
Is Swagbucks Legit?
We believe Swagbucks is legit. Founded in 2008, it's one of the original (and most well-known) rewards platforms on the web. It's owned and operated by Prodege, a California-based company that operates a variety of other similar platforms including InboxDollars, MyPoints, Tada.com, and more. It's also received plenty of positive reviews across the web. Overall, we have no reason to believe Swagbucks could be a scam.
- Founded in 2008.
- Owned and operated by Prodege, LLC, a California-based market research and rewards company that was founded in 2005.
- Positive reviews across the web.
- Active on social media.
Note: All research is done independently and could be wrong or change as new information is gathered. Please do your own due diligence.
Is Swagbucks a Good Way to Make Money?
Swagbucks is a feature-filled rewards platform with a lot to offer. It won't make you rich or replace your day job, but it has a lot of extra-money opportunities, it's backed by a reputable company, and it delivers on what it promises. If you're looking to earn some cashback here and there or want to earn some extra bucks in your spare time, it might be worth checking out.
Safety Rating: 3/5
Support Quality: 3/5
Can be difficult to get in contact with, and sometimes unresponsive or unhelpful.
Earning Potential: 1/5
Based on real user data, you can expect to earn around $1-$3/hour on average, plus some additional semi-passive income from tasks like shopping, deals, and search.
Payout Minimum Rating: 4/5
Swagbucks has a minimum payout of $3.00 (~300 SB).
Payout Speed Rating: 3.5/5
Payouts can take up to 10 business days to be delivered. Overall, based on our data, you can expect to get paid in 1-12 days after reaching the minimum payout amount.
Ease Of Entry: 5/5
Swagbucks is widely available, open to anyone 13 or older, and doesn't require any special skills.
User Experience Rating: 4/5
Swagbucks has made a good site and app. Sometimes though, features like surveys which can lead to third parties don't provide the best user experience. Other than that though, it's enjoyable to use.
Free Platform Discovery Tool
Find other helpful platforms for making money, managing your finances, growing your business, and more!Try It!
General Platform Statistics
Global Site Rank
Avg. Monthly Site Visitors
Total App Downloads
Total Paid to Members
Gift Cards Redeemed Daily
Data as of May 24, 2023 • Sources: Similarweb, Google Play Store, Swagbucks
Based on real data from our 42 Swagbucks Member reviews. View all Member statistics here.
Help make this data more accurate by writing a review!
Swagbucks Reviews From Members
Reviewer Recommendation😊 85.71%
Reviews By Total Earnings
- Unknown (2.38%)
- Less than $100 (57.14%)
- $100-$999 (35.71%)
- $1,000-$9,999 (4.76%)
- $10,000-$49,999 (0%)
- $50,000-$99,999 (0%)
- $100,000+ (0%)
Reviews By Age Range
- Unknown (0%)
- 13-17 (9.52%)
- 18-24 (61.9%)
- 25-34 (26.19%)
- 35-44 (2.38%)
- 45-54 (0%)
- 55-64 (0%)
- 65+ (0%)
Reviews By Length of Use
- < 1 month (0%)
- 1-3 months (16.67%)
- 3-6 months (16.67%)
- 6-12 months (16.67%)
- 1-2 years (21.43%)
- 2-3 years (9.52%)
- 3-5 years (11.9%)
- 5+ years (7.14%)
Only recommended for people who are really desperate and with the caveat to be careful.
Most popular beermoney app so lots of options and payments. However, it's so risky, glitchy, etc it's just not worth it for me
- great for teenagers
- broad range of activities
- payout is very low for tasks
- tasks are high risk. Require money upfront or time that screens you out
- several offers never come through
- use the passive videos on your phone and follow Reddit guides for best advice
- look to other people before jumping into time or money consuming offers. Make sure they've approved others first
Only recommenmd it to people who have nothing to do in their time
Very straight-forward, no bullshit. You do work and you get paid. I will probably stop doing these things for a while and come back when they start broadening the targets for their surveys
- Just point and click to gain money
- Videos that you can watch to gain money are quite entertaining actually
- Straight-forward site
- The surveys are very targeted towards old people, I dont know why. (Thankfully, there are a few surveys that accept the demographic I'm from)
- Get's boring after some time, Money is the only motivation
Don't expect to be rich doing these things
There’s many ways to make money on the website
I think it’s a great website and app to use if you want to make quick cash on the side. There’s many tasks that vary; it could be completed certain levels in a game to scanning an old receipt of laundry detergent. There’s many ways to earn points on the site if you invest your time into it.
I like how they have a wide range of payout options as well as making money itself. It’s important to have a big range of things to do so it doesnt become dull. Swagbucks has that
The payouts for a Visa card take a moderately long time. I have not used the payout option for PayPal yet as I have not been using Swagbucks as much, but their Visa cards could come up to 7-14 days via email.
Make sure you’re honest and have fun with what you’re doing. There’s many ways to make cash/have points so try them out.