Note: We may earn a commission from affiliate links on this page. These do not affect our ratings or recommendations.
Swagbucks Review At a Glance
What Is Swagbucks?
Swagbucks is one of the most well-known rewards platforms on the web. Here, members can earn and save money by taking surveys, completing offers, scanning receipts, shopping for cash back, and more. Founded in 2008, the platform is owned and operated by Prodege, a marketing and consumer insights company that was founded in 2005.
General Details 📜
|Helps You:||Make Money Save Money|
|Opportunities:||Browser Gaming Cashback Code Entry Rewards Daily Goal Completion Rewards Gaming Offer Completion |
Contact Info ☎️
|Socials:||LinkedIn • Facebook • Facebook Canada • Twitter • Instagram • Instagram Canada • Pinterest • YouTube • Subreddit|
|Support Pages:||Help Page|
Company Details 🏢
|Parent Company:||Prodege, LLC|
|Sister Platforms:||MyPoints • InboxDollars|
|Founders:||Josef Gorowitz • Scott Dudelson|
|Headquarters:||El Segundo, California, United States|
Who Is Swagbucks For?
Swagbucks is for anyone looking to earn rewards by doing simple tasks and daily activities. Whether you're looking to earn a bit of extra money or you want some savings on your grocery runs or online shopping trips, Swagbucks nearly has something for everyone. Keep in mind, this platform is not a job replacement and shouldn't be relied on as a steady stream of income!
|Minimum Age:||13 years old|
Those under the age of majority must have permission from a parent or legal guardian.
Available opportunities my vary by country.
|Supported Languages:||Dansk, Deutsch, English, Español, Français |
|Supported Devices:||Android Phone, Android Tablet, Computer Browser, iPhone, Smartphone Browser |
Swagbucks can be accessed via web browser on any device (user experience may vary) or via the apps available on the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
How Does Swagbucks Work?
There's 1 type of user on Swagbucks:
- Members (earners)
Here's how Swagbucks works for them:
How Swagbucks Works For Members
Swagbucks members can earn SB by taking surveys, completing promotional offers, playing games, shopping for cashback, scanning receipts, and more. 1 SB = $0.01. After accumulating $3.00 (~300 SB), earnings can be cashed out via PayPal, gift cards, Payoneer, charity donations, and more.
Key Points 🔑
|Income Type:||Active, Semi-Passive|
You can earn semi-passive income on Swagbucks by using the platform's search engine and referring new members. You'll get a 10% commission on all referral earnings.
Accounts that have not been logged into and earned on in one (1) year may be deemed inactive and closed.
|Point Conversion:||1 Swagbucks SB is worth $0.01. 100 SB = $1. To reach the minimum payout amount listed below, you'll need to have around 300 SB.|
Minimum payout varies by payout option. Charity donations can be redeemed for lower than the minimum payout amount for cash rewards.
|Payout Options:||Charity Donations Gift Cards Payoneer PayPal Air Canada Gift Card |
Payout options may vary by country.
|Payout Speed:||1-12 days|
Payouts can take up to 10 business days to be delivered.
|Commissions / Fees:||$2 fee on all Payoneer payouts.|
|Sign Up Bonus:||This varies and isn't always available, but occasionally Swagbucks will offer $5-$10 sign up bonuses if you complete a certain number of tasks shortly after signing up. Check your Swag Ups to see if you have a bonus offer after signing up. Sign up here.|
Pros, cons, and tips are based on real Swagbucks Member reviews.
Getting Started 🔢
Becoming a Swagbucks member is free. To get started, head over to the site or download the app and register your account. All you need to sign up is an email address, or you can sign up with an existing Google or Apple account.
Sign up bonus: This varies and isn't always available, but occasionally Swagbucks will offer $5-$10 sign up bonuses if you complete a certain number of tasks shortly after signing up. Check your Swag Ups to see if you have a bonus offer after signing up.
Earning and Saving Money 💵
There are a variety of ways to earn money on Swagbucks:
- Surveys. Swagbucks sources market research surveys from a variety of providers. Before taking a survey you can see its estimated length and payment amount. Simply answer the questions honestly and accurately to earn. You can increase your chance of receiving relevant surveys by filling your survey profile (you'll also earn 2 SB for every 10 profile questions you complete).
- Promotional offers. These involve a variety of tasks including getting paid to sign up for new services (free and paid), downloading new apps, and more.
- Browser games. Swagbucks offers its own share of free-to-play browser games including 2048, solitaire, word search, and more. Playing these games can award up to 6 SB per play, but this is awarded randomly, so you might have to play a few times.
- Receipt sharing. This could be seen as a form of saving, but it's more accurate to say that you're getting paid for your data. You can either scan receipts with anything on them for a small amount of SB, or you can add specific items to you Swagbucks "shopping list" and then scan a receipt containing those items. Some items offer more SB than others.
- Searching the web. If you search the web using Swagbucks' search bar, you have the chance to earn anywhere from 1-1000SB for each search. These bonuses are random and won't apply to your daily goal (explained below). You can increase your chances of earning by setting Swagbucks as your default search engine.
- Swag codes. These appear via the SwagButton extension, on the mobile app, and on Swagbucks' social media. Enter them on the platform to receive 1+ SB instantly.
- Daily poll. You can find this in your todo list. Answer it (it's 1 question) for an easy 1 SB.
- Daily to do list. Every day, your Swagbucks to-do list will reset. Complete the tasks on your list to earn a bonus. Completing more tasks will increase the bonus amount.
- Daily earnings goal. You can earn another bonus by earning at least 30 SB for the day (and a bigger bonus for earning more).
- Streak rewards. If you hit your daily earnings goal for multiple days in a row, you'll earn another bonus. The larger your streak, the bigger the bonus.
- Limited-time events. Sometimes Swagbucks runs special events for bonus earnings. For example, the SWAGO event is a bingo-style event where you're tasked with marking off as many squares of the board as possible by completing specific tasks. The more squares you complete, the bigger your bonus.
- Swagstakes. These are raffles that you can spend SB to enter. For example, you can spend 2 SB for the chance to win 100 SB. The raffles have typically have a limited number of available entries to give you a better chance of winning.
- Referrals. Share your referral link to get a 300 SB bonus if your referral earns 300 SB in their first 30 days of joining + you'll get a 10% commission on their earnings for life.
You can also save money with Swagbucks via:
- Cashback shopping. Swagbucks has partnered with a variety of stores and travel booking providers to offer cashback in the form of SB. Just shop through the platform (or download the SwagButton extension) to earn.
- Promo codes. Swagbucks occasionally has promo codes for stores. Again, the SwagButton extension can alert you of these automatically.
During your time using Swagbucks, you may receive Swag Ups. These are powerups that you can activate to get things like bonus earnings, reward discounts, and other limited-time benefits.
Cashing Out 💰
Once you have at least $3.00 (~300 SB) in your balance, you can cash out your Swagbucks earnings via Charity Donations, Gift Cards, Payoneer or PayPal.
After cashing out, you can expect to receive your Swagbucks payout in 1-12 days. (Payouts can take up to 10 business days to be delivered.)
Tip: Read our Swagbucks Earning Guide to learn more about making money on the platform.
Free Platform Discovery Tool
Find other helpful platforms for making money, managing your finances, growing your business, and more!Try It!