Note: We may earn a commission from affiliate links on this page. These do not affect our ratings or recommendations.
ShopBack Review At a Glance
What Is ShopBack?
ShopBack is a rewards platform where members can earn cashback by shopping online and in-store. Merchants can partner with the platform to advertise their stores and products to shoppers. Founded in 2014, ShopBack claims to have paid out over $304M in cashback across 15k partnered merchants.
General Details 📜
|Helps You:||Advertise Make Money Save Money|
|Opportunities:||Cashback Cost-Per-Action Advertising In-Store Savings One-Time Goal Completion Rewards Online Shopping Savings |
Contact Info ☎️
|Socials:||LinkedIn • Facebook SG • Instagram SG • Telegram SG • YouTube SG|
|Emails:||email@example.com (for main general support)|
|Support Pages:||ShopBack has country-specific support pages. You can find yours through the website or app.|
Company Details 🏢
|Legal Name:||eCommerce Enablers Pte. Ltd.|
|Also Known As:||The ShopBack Group|
|Founders:||Bryan Chua • Henry Chan • Joel Leong • Lai Shanru|
|Headquarters:||Singapore, Central Region, Singapore|
Who Is ShopBack For?
ShopBack is for two groups: (1) Anyone looking to save money online with cashback, deals, discounts, and similar; and (2) Merchants looking to reach new consumers by offering cashback offers on the ShopBack platform.
ShopBack's payout options may require users to at least be of legal age in their respective jurisdictions.
|Supported Locations:||Australia, Germany, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia |
Cashback and earning opportunities may vary by location.
|Supported Languages:||Bahasa Indonesia, Bahasa Melayu, Deutsch, English, Tiếng Việt |
|Supported Devices:||Android Phone, Android Tablet, Computer Browser, iPad, iPhone |
How Does ShopBack Work?
There are 2 types of users on ShopBack:
- Members (earners)
- Merchants (buyers / consumers)
Here's how ShopBack works for each of those user types:
How ShopBack Works For Members
ShopBack members can earn cashback by shopping online and in-store at specific retailers or by purchasing specific products. Additional earnings are available via challenges and referrals. After accumulating ₱200, earnings can be cashed out via PayPal, direct deposit, and e-wallet transfers.
Key Points 🔑
|Income Type:||Active, Semi-Passive|
ShopBack earnings can be considered semi-passive if you use the browser extension to find cashback during your regular online shopping sessions.
Inactive accounts (no cashback transactions for over 1 year) may be deleted or have their accumulated earnings removed.
Minimum payout may vary by location.
|Payout Options:||Direct Deposit GCash Maya PayPal|
Cashback can also be put toward future purchases when using ShopBack Pay.
|Payout Speed:||3-7 days|
Payouts are sent within 3-5 working days.
Pros, cons, and tips are based on real ShopBack Member reviews.
Getting Started 🔢
Becoming a ShopBack member is free. To get started, head over to the platform's website or download the app and create an account. You can do this by signing up via email or via an existing Facebook account.
Earning and Saving Money 💵
There are five (5) ways to earn/save money with ShopBack:
- Online shopping. Browse for available cashback offers by store, product, or category. Then, simply access the store/product through ShopBack, make your purchase, and wait. It can take up to 48 hours for your purchase to show up in your account, and then up to 7 days for the cashback to be verified and added to your account.
- In-store shopping. You can earn in-store cashback by shopping at participating stores. To get credited, be sure to pay with either ShopBack Pay, PayLater, or a payment card that's already linked to your ShopBack account.
- Boosts: Some in-store cashback offers may offer occasional "Boosts" which, when activated before shopping, allow you to earn even more cashback. These boosts are only available for stores you've already previously visited through ShopBack.
- Vouchers. Earn cashback when you buy vouchers for your future purchases. These are similar to gift cards and can be applied to future purchases at whichever store the voucher is for.
- Challenges. You can find these on both the ShopBack app and website, in the "Earn more" tab. Each challenge will require you to do a specific thing for bonus earnings (e.g. buy a certain product, shop at a certain store, etc.).
- Referrals. Share your unique referral link or code to earn money for every qualified referral (referral bonuses vary by your location). To qualify, referrals must spend a certain amount through ShopBack.
Optionally, ShopBack members can also download the "ShopBack Button" Chrome browser extension to:
- Get alerted of cashback when browsing the web and activate it in one click.
- Set up a watchlist to track deals.
Cashing Out 💰
Once you have at least ₱200 in your balance, you can cash out your ShopBack earnings via Direct Deposit, GCash, Maya or PayPal.
After cashing out, you can expect to receive your ShopBack payout in 3-7 days. (Payouts are sent within 3-5 working days.)
How ShopBack Works For Merchants
ShopBack merchants can use the platform to advertise their store and products by offering cashback deals to ShopBack members.
Key Points 🔑
|Costs / Fees:||Varies by merchant. Reach out for an exact quote.||Payment Options:||Unknown|
Getting Started 🔢
To become a ShopBack partner, head over to corporate.shopback.com, go to the "Partnerships" section, and choose your target market location.
From there, you can contact ShopBack directly by providing your name, company name, email, contact number, country/region, and the services you're interested in.
As with most cashback platforms, ShopBack operates on a cost-per-action (CPA) model. This means you'll only pay ShopBack when they successfully send you a customer who makes a purchase at your store.
Customers will discover your store via the ShopBack website or app, or while using the platform's cashback browser extension.
If a customer orders from your store and then cancels or makes a refund, you will not be required to pay ShopBack a commission for that order.
ShopBack commissions vary by merchant. Reach out for an exact quote.
Free Platform Discovery Tool
Find other helpful platforms for making money, managing your finances, growing your business, and more!Try It!