What Is Remotasks?
Remotasks is a crowdsourcing marketplace where taskers can earn money doing online microtasks like data labeling, data categorization, transcription, and other things related to AI training. Founded in 2017, the platform has worked with popular companies like GM Cruise, Lyft, and Google, and claims to have paid out over $15M to its 240k+ taskers.
General Details 📜
|Helps You:||Make Money|
|Platform Type:||Crowdsourcing Marketplace|
|Opportunities:||Data Categorization Data Collection Data Labeling Microtasking Refer-a-Friend |
Contact Info ☎️
|Socials:||LinkedIn • Facebook • YouTube • Slack • Twitter|
|Emails:||email@example.com (for general support) • firstname.lastname@example.org (for privacy-related concerns) • email@example.com (for legal-related inquiries) • firstname.lastname@example.org (for security matters) • email@example.com (for contacting their EU representative) • firstname.lastname@example.org (for contacting their UK representative)|
|Support Pages:||Help Center • Community|
Company Details 🏢
|Legal Name:||Smart Ecosystem, Inc.|
|Parent Company:||Scale AI, Inc.|
|Founders:||Alexandr Wang • Lucy Guo|
|Headquarters:||San Francisco, California, United States|
Who Is Remotasks For?
Remotasks is for those looking to earn extra income doing primarily AI training tasks on a remote, flexible schedule. It's not guaranteed to provide full-time work or a high income, but it can provide interesting, paid skill-building opportunities.
|Minimum Age:||15 years old|
Must be age of legal majority in your country.
|Supported Locations:||Argentina, Australia, Bolivia, Brazil, Bulgaria |
Prohibited countries currently include, but are not necessarily limited to, Ukraine, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria as these are subject to U.S export restrictions.
|Supported Languages:||Deutsch, English, Español, العربية, 한국어|
|Supported Devices:||Computer, Smartphone, Tablet|
Remotasks can be accessed via web browser on any device (user experience may vary). Some tasks (e.g. 2D and 3D tasks) may require specific hardware (like a laptop or desktop computer).
How Does Remotasks Work?
Remotasks taskers can earn money by doing AI training tasks like transcription, image annotation, video annotation, liDAR annotation, and more. With no minimum payout, earnings can be cashed out via PayPal or Airtm, Payoneer, or cryptocurrency.
Getting Started 🔢
Becoming a Remotasks tasker is free. To get started, head over to the platform's website and create an account. You can do this by signing in via an existing Google or Facebook account. You'll then be asked to verify your account with a phone number.
Once you're signed in, head over to the Remotasks Training Center. Here, you'll find courses, certifications, and boot camps. Courses are the main things to get through when you're just starting out as completing them will unlock and teach you how to complete specific types of paid tasks.
The courses can take anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour or longer to complete, depending on the complexity of the task. At the end of each course, there'll be a quiz to test your knowledge.
Earning Money 💵
There are a variety of ways to earn money on Remotasks:
- Data collection tasks. These tasks may ask you to gather existing data (e.g. addresses for restaurants), or they may ask you to upload data that you create yourself (e.g. take photos of household objects).
- Language tasks. These tasks focus heavily on text samples, be it in visual or written form (e.g. on websites). Example task types include:
- Categorization: Categorize objects/data.
- Text highlighting: Select and highlight parts of text, as instructed.
- Transcription: Transcribe text from audio.
- 2D tasks. These tasks focus on things that happen in a 2D environment. Example task types include:
- Image segmentation: Isolate various objects in an image such as road edges, barriers, and other vehicles.
- Box annotation: Accurately draw a bounding box around a specific object, as instructed.
- Polygon annotation: Similar to box annotation only instead of using boxes, you'll label objects more precisely with polygons.
- Cuboid annotation: Draw a 3D bounding box over a 2D picture.
- Video-Box Annotation: Label images in a video instead of just a picture (up to 100 images or 100 frames for a video).
- Video Cuboid Annotation: Label 2D objects with 3D boxes of up to 100 frames.
- Line Annotation: Create and identify lines along road lanes and markers. Point Annotation: Label the edges of pre-annotated cars, focusing on the edges closest to you (or the perspective of the camera).
- 3D tasks. These tasks focus on things that happen in a 3D environment. Example task types include:
- LiDAR (Light Detection and Ranging) Annotation: Navigate around a 3D scene recorded by a car's LiDAR sensor to make sense of the light points in the scene and label groups of people, cars, trees, and others.
- LiDAR Segmentation: Make sense of objects in a 3D environment. Then, separate objects in the scene such as cars, roads, and barriers.
- Referrals. Share your referral code to earn $10 when your referral signs up with your link and hits the $20 goal within the promotional period of up to two weeks. This earning opportunity is currently not available in the Philippines, Venezuela, and possibly other countries.
Once you submit a task, it'll be sent for review. Once marked as completed, you'll receive your payment based on performance and other factors.
Speaking of reviewing, if you complete enough tasks and courses and maintain a high accuracy score, you may have the opportunity to become a task reviewer yourself.
The platform also has a loyalty program called Remotasks Tiers where top taskers are recognized and will receive additional benefits for higher tiers. Every time you complete a task, you'll earn Remopoints (experience points) that'll help you rank up in the program.
The program consists of three (3) tiers:
- Standard Tier. Offers the usual ticket support speed via Zendesk and normal review time for tasks. Everyone starts here.
- Preferred Tier. Offers ticket support prioritization via Zendesk, empty queue support to find you more work, and faster review time for tasks. Requires 4 Remopoints.
- Elite Tier. Offers ticket support prioritization via Zendesk, empty queue support to find you more work, access to a set of tasks reserved only for Elite taskers, faster review time for tasks, prepayments, and weekly bonuses. Requires 20 Remopoints.
Cashing Out 💰
Once you have earned any amount of money (there's no minimum payout), you can cash out your Remotasks earnings via Airtm, Payoneer or PayPal.
After cashing out, you can expect to receive your Remotasks payout in 4-10 days. (Payouts are sent every week on Friday morning (generally 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM UTC, but occasionally we have delays later in the day) based on a pay period from 12:00 AM UTC Friday through the cutoff time the following Tuesday at 12:00 AM UTC.)
Key Points 📝
|Work Type:||Contract, Freelance|
|Payout Options:||Airtm Payoneer PayPal|
Must have a verified PayPal account. Payout options may vary by country.
|Payout Speed:||4-10 days|
Payouts are sent every week on Friday morning (generally 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM UTC, but occasionally we have delays later in the day) based on a pay period from 12:00 AM UTC Friday through the cutoff time the following Tuesday at 12:00 AM UTC.
|Commissions / Fees:||2% processing fee for PayPal payouts.|
|Other Notes:||(1) Only one account per tasker. (2) No selling of accounts. (3) Use of VPN or other similar technologies is not allowed. (4) Specific task details are confidential. (5) Must verify account to unlock more unique tasks.|
Pros and cons are based on real Remotasks Tasker reviews.
Free Platform Discovery Tool
Find other helpful platforms for making money, managing your finances, growing your business, and more!Try It!