Note: We may earn a commission from affiliate links on this page. These do not affect our ratings or recommendations.
Receipt Hog Review At a Glance
What Is Receipt Hog?
Receipt Hog is a mobile rewards platform where members can earn money by sharing in-store and online receipts and answering surveys related to their shopping experiences. Founded in 2011, the platform claims to have processed over 1B receipts and paid out over $37M!
General Details 📜
|Helps You:||Make Money Save Money|
|Opportunities:||Cashback In-Store Savings Market Research Participation Monthly Sweepstakes One-Time Goal Completion Rewards |
Contact Info ☎️
|Socials:||Facebook • Instagram • Twitter|
|Emails:||firstname.lastname@example.org OR email@example.com (for general support) • firstname.lastname@example.org (for legal inquiries) • email@example.com (for privacy-related inquiries)|
|Support Pages:||Help Desk|
Company Details 🏢
|Parent Company:||Market Track, LLC|
|Founders:||Jared Schrieber • Jon Brelig|
|Headquarters:||Chicago, Illinois, United States|
Who Is Receipt Hog For?
Receipt Hog is for shoppers looking for a way to earn small rewards for sharing information about their shopping trips. Whether this is viewed as savings or earnings, it's a way to get a bit back for what you pay at the stores.
|Minimum Age:||13 years old|
Minors must have permission from a parent or legal guardian.
|Supported Locations:||Canada, United States|
|Supported Languages:||English, Español, Français|
|Supported Devices:||Android Phone, iPhone|
Receipt Hog accounts can be managed via the Receipt Hog website, but can only be created through the Receipt Hog app.
|Other:||Phone number verification is required for payouts.|
How Does Receipt Hog Work?
There's 1 type of user on Receipt Hog:
- Members (earners)
Here's how Receipt Hog works for them:
How Receipt Hog Works For Members
Receipt Hog members can earn coins by uploading physical and digital receipts, participating in surveys, and inviting new members to the platform. 1 Receipt Hog coin = $0.005-$0.0062. After collecting a minimum of $5 (~806-1,000 Coins), coins can be exchanged for PayPal cash or gift cards.
Key Points 🔑
|Income Type:||Active, Semi-Passive|
Digital receipts (from your email or retail accounts) can be considered semi-passive as, once you link your account, you just have to check in every now and then.
Receipt Hog will close your account if you remain inactive for three months.
|Point Conversion:||1 Receipt Hog Coin is worth $0.005-$0.0062. 161-200 Coins = $1. To reach the minimum payout amount listed below, you'll need to have around 806-1000 Coins.|
|Payout Options:||Gift Cards PayPal Prepaid Credit Cards Amazon Gift Card Prepaid Visa|
|Payout Speed:||0-7 days|
|Sign Up Bonus:||50 coins ($0.25-$0.31) for signing up, 130 coins ($0.65-$0.806) for completing the intro survey, 150 coins ($0.75-$0.93) for uploading your first receipt. Sign up here.|
Pros, cons, and tips are based on real Receipt Hog Member reviews.
Getting Started 🔢
Becoming a Receipt Hog member is free. To register, download the app on Google Play or Apple App Store. When signing up, you'll be asked to provide your country, date of birth, gender, and email address.
After creating your account, you'll be asked to fill out a "Receipt Hogger Questionnaire" which is an intro survey that asks for some basic information about yourself (like your postal code, employment status, household income, educational history, languages, etc.). This info helps Receipt Hog match you up with relevant opportunities in the future. You'll get 130 coins ($0.65-$0.806) for finishing it.
Sign up bonus: 50 coins ($0.25-$0.31) for signing up, 130 coins ($0.65-$0.806) for completing the intro survey, 150 coins ($0.75-$0.93) for uploading your first receipt.
Earning Money 💵
Receipt Hog offers several earning opportunities:
- Sharing paper receipts. Upload photos of your receipts from grocery stores, restaurants, department stores, and more to earn coins.
- Sharing digital receipts. Link your email and retail accounts (e.g. for Amazon, Costco, Walmart, Instacart, etc.) to the app and get rewards by submitting the e-receipts from your online purchases.
- Taking surveys. Share your honest opinion about various products and brands to earn additional rewards. You'll receive surveys based on things like the products you buy, so uploading receipts gives you a higher chance of receiving them.
- Joining monthly sweepstakes. Get a chance to earn up to 5,000 coins by participating in the monthly sweepstakes. Every receipt you upload in a month gives you one entry into the sweepstakes.
- Playing Hog Slots. Get a chance to earn up to 18,000 coins by spinning the Hog Slots machine. You can get spins by submitting receipts, completing monthly challenges, and leveling up.
- Weekly streak bonuses. Upload at least 1 receipt every week to earn bonus Hog Slot spins. You can only get all four (4) bonuses (for each week in the month) by not missing a single week.
- Leveling up. You'll earn 1 XP each week you upload a valid receipt. This contributes to your level. You'll earn Hog Slot spins for the first 11 levels and then increasing amounts of coins for each level onward.
- Referring new members. Invite your family and friends to the platform and earn 250 coins ($1.25-$1.55) + bonuses when they upload their first receipt. They'll also get 5 bonus spins.
Note that for receipt uploads, all receipts must be uploaded within 14 days of the purchase.
Also, the rewards you receive for each receipt can vary. Some receipts (e.g. grocery receipts) will award coins, while others will award Hog Slot spins or monthly sweepstakes entries.
Cashing Out 💰
Once you have at least $5 (~806-1,000 Coins) in your balance, you can cash out your Receipt Hog earnings via Gift Cards, PayPal or Prepaid Credit Cards.
After cashing out, you can expect to receive your Receipt Hog payout in 0-7 days.
Free Platform Discovery Tool
Find other helpful platforms for making money, managing your finances, growing your business, and more!Try It!