What Is Pogo?
Pogo is a mobile rewards app where members can earn cashback on their purchases, automatically find savings, monetize their data, and more. Founded in 2020, the platform is based in New York and has raised over $10M in venture funding.
General Details 📜
|Helps You:||Make Money Save Money|
|Opportunities:||Cashback Device Usage Sharing Fee Savings Financial Data Sharing In-Store Savings |
Contact Info ☎️
|Socials:||LinkedIn • Facebook • Twitter • YouTube • TikTok|
|Emails:||firstname.lastname@example.org (for general support) • email@example.com (for privacy related concerns)|
Company Details 🏢
|Legal Name:||Pogo Technologies, Inc.|
|Founders:||Dom Wong • Oscar Melking • Shikhar Mohan|
|Headquarters:||New York, New York, United States|
Who Is Pogo For?
Pogo is for those looking to find some quick savings or earn a bit of extra cash here and there doing things they already do. It's not going to earn you a fortune or anything, but it can provide some supplementary income. Keep in mind, if you're going to use it, you should be comfortable sharing some data about your shopping and transactions.
|Minimum Age:||13 years old|
|Supported Locations:||United States|
|Supported Devices:||Computer, Android Phone, iPhone|
The Pogo app is available on both the Google Play and Apple App store. The Pogo Extension (which offers some exclusive opportunities), is available for the Chrome browser.
How Does Pogo Work?
Pogo members can earn points by sharing transaction data, making purchases for cashback, taking surveys, sharing browsing data, sharing location data, referring friends, and more. 1 Pogo point = $0.001. After accumulating $3.00 (~3,000 Points), points can be exchanged for cash via Venmo, PayPal, or gift cards, or they can be donated to charity.
Key Points 🔑
|Income Type:||Active, Semi-Passive|
The data-sharing earnings on Pogo are almost completely passive, but you still have to open the app every once in a while to claim your points.
If you go inactive for 180 days, your unredeemed points will expire. You will be given notice after 5 days and another notice after 173 days of inactivity.
|Point Conversion:||1 Pogo Point is worth $0.001. 1000 Points = $1. To reach the minimum payout amount listed below, you'll need to have around 3000 Points.|
|Payout Options:||Charity Donations Gift Cards PayPal Prepaid Credit Cards Tremendous Rewards |
|Payout Speed:||0-1 days|
|Sign Up Bonus:||300 points when you sign up and link a bank card.|
Pros and cons are based on real Pogo Member reviews.
Getting Started 🔢
Becoming a Pogo member is free. To get started, download the app from either the Apple App Store or Google Play Store and create an account. During signup, you'll be asked to provide your phone number, email address, and device type.
Sign up bonus: 300 points when you sign up and link a bank card.
Earning and Saving Money 💵
The primary way to earn money on Pogo is by linking your financial and loyalty rewards accounts and shopping as usual.
By connecting data like your credit cards, bank accounts, and retailer accounts, Pogo will detect your purchases and receipts automatically. Your transactions will then show up in the app, where you can claim your points for them. The number of points you'll receive will vary per transaction.
Other ways to earn and save include:
- Email receipt sharing. Connect up to 3 email accounts to automatically share eReceipts and earn 10pts/week.
- Location sharing. Simply allow Pogo to track your location and you'll be alerted via push notifications when points are available. You must open the app and claim the rewards within 4 hours of receiving the notification.
- Receipt scanning. Scan your physical receipts using the Scan feature within the app. You can only scan up to 25 receipts per week. To ensure that a receipt is eligible for points, it must (a) include the date, location, and total and (b) be scanned within 14 days from the purchase date on the receipt.
- Online shopping. You can enable cashback "boosts" within the app for specific retailers. Then, just shop and make your purchases using the shop links within the app to earn extra points from your purchase. These boost points can take around 90 days to be available for claiming.
- Browser extension. The Pogo Chrome extension allows you to earn points just for browsing the internet (10 points/week). It also helps you identify cashback opportunities while you shop online.
- Surveys. Sourced from third-party providers such as TheoremReach and Tap Research, surveys may be related to health, brands, product improvements, and more.
- Fee refunds. Pogo can help you save money on fees by giving you a template and instructions for getting a refund. For example, if you link your bank account to Pogo, it'll automatically detect bank fees and help you get them refunded.
Cashing Out 💰
Once you have at least $3.00 (~3,000 Points) in your balance, you can cash out your Pogo earnings via Charity Donations, Gift Cards, PayPal, Prepaid Credit Cards, Tremendous Rewards or Venmo.
After cashing out, you can expect to receive your Pogo payout in 0-1 days.
Free Platform Discovery Tool
Find other helpful platforms for making money, managing your finances, growing your business, and more!Try It!