About PlaytestCloud (for Playtesters)
PlaytestCloud playtesters can earn money by participating in mobile video game playtests, surveys about video games, and more. After completing a test or task and having it reviewed, earnings are sent via PayPal.
General Details 📜
|Helps You:||Hire Help Make Money|
|Opportunities:||Market Research Participation Moderated Testing Research Interview Participation Software Testing Survey Taking |
Key Points 🔑
|Work Type:||Contract, Freelance|
|Payout Options:||Charity Donations PayPal Prepaid Credit Cards Tremendous Rewards Venmo |
PlaytestCloud uses Tremendous Rewards as its payout provider. Options may vary depending on your location.
|Payout Speed:||0-7 days|
Some playtest payouts are processed the day of, others can take a bit longer.
|Other Notes:||(1) All test information is confidential — never share details about a test you've done. (2) Players may only have one account. (3) Using an emulator to participate in playtests is prohibited.|
- No special skills required. Easy to get started.
- Get paid to play games, with pretty great pay rates considering the type of work you're doing.
- No minimum payout.
- Technically available worldwide, although the US, UK, and Canada will typically have the most opportunities.
- Good payout option selection via Tremendous Rewards.
- Qualification test is unpaid. It's short, but this can still be annoying for some.
- The number of test invites you receive can vary greatly depending on your demographics.
- You need to talk out loud during playtests. This isn't everyone's cup of tea.
- Always provide high-quality test responses. Players who provide high-quality responses during initial playtests have a better chance of getting invited for more opportunities (either by PlaytestCloud or by specific game developers) later on.
- Speak constantly during testing. Developers want to know what you think of their games. Talk about what you like, don't like, wish was different, etc. Be as detailed, helpful, and honest as possible.
- Speak English unless stated otherwise.
- Keep your profile up to date. Keeping your devices and list of games played as up-to-date and accurate as possible will increase your chances of receiving test invites.
- Accept test invites and start them quickly. Tests have deadlines and quotas, so the quicker you are to download the game and start your test recording, the better.
- Turn off your phone's notifications when conducting tests to avoid anything private being recorded, and to avoid being distracted during the test.
Note: The pros, cons, and tips featured above are manually curated summaries and/or direct excerpts from our 4 PlaytestCloud Playtester reviews.