Note: We may earn a commission from affiliate links on this page. These do not affect our ratings or recommendations.
About Honey (for Members)
Honey members can use the platform to find cashback offers and product deals, track price drops, and save money with promo codes. They can also earn some extra cash by referring friends to the platform. Earnings come in the form of points, with 1 Point = $0.01. Points can be exchanged for gift cards, PayPal credits, or PayPal cash.
General Details 📜
|Helps You:||Advertise Make Money Save Money|
|Opportunities:||Cashback Cost-Per-Action Advertising Discount Savings Online Shopping Savings Price Drop Savings |
Key Points 🔑
|Income Type:||Active, Semi-Passive|
You can earn/save money semi-passively with the Honey app or browser extension, as these will automatically alert you of cashback and promo codes.
|Point Conversion:||1 Honey Point is worth $0.01. 100 Points = $1.|
Minimum payout varies by payout option. PayPal payouts have no minimum but gift card payouts start at $10. (this may vary by location).
|Payout Options:||Charity Donations Gift Cards PayPal 1-800-Flowers Gift Card Ace Hardware Gift Card |
Payout options may vary by location.
|Payout Speed:||0-1 days|
While payouts are quick, receiving your cashback points after making a purchase can take 60-90 days (or longer for things like travel reservations).
|Sign Up Bonus:||500 points ($5) if you use a referral link and make a qualifying cashback purchase. Sign up here.|
- Automatic coupon codes. You don't have to spend time searching for and testing out different coupon codes. Honey does the work for you.
- Helpful for finding discounts and tracking price drops of various products.
- Handy for checking Amazon product price history before you buy.
- Quick payouts once you redeem your points.
- Wide range of supported retailers (over 40,000).
- Friendly and easy-to-use interface.
- Bad customer service. Many members have reported that Honey simply ignores or even blocks them once contacted.
- Collects data and could be invasive. Some concerns have been raised about Honey's data collection, even by Amazon themselves (though this could be due to the fact that Amazon doesn't like them tracking prices).
- The extension can slow down your browser.
- Receiving cashback points after a purchase can take quite a while, though this is common on most cashback platforms.
- Make sure to withdraw your Gold as soon as possible to avoid any payout issues that may arise in the future.
- Don't buy something just because Honey says you'll earn Gold or that there's a coupon code. Only buy the stuff you need.
- Use the Honey search engine, droplist, and Amazon price history tools to stay on top of deals.
Note: The pros, cons, and tips featured above are manually curated summaries and/or direct excerpts from our 5 Honey Member reviews.