Note: We may earn a commission from affiliate links on this page. These do not affect our ratings or recommendations.
Honey Review At a Glance
What Is Honey?
Honey is a rewards platform that helps online shoppers save money with cashback offers, promo codes, price drop alerts, and more. Founded in 2012, the platform was acquired by PayPal in 2019 and claims to have saved its members over $1B across 40,000+ different stores.
General Details 📜
|Helps You:||Advertise Make Money Save Money|
|Opportunities:||Cashback Cost-Per-Action Advertising Discount Savings Online Shopping Savings Price Drop Savings |
Contact Info ☎️
|Socials:||LinkedIn • Facebook • Instagram • Twitter • YouTube • Pinterest • TikTok|
|Emails:||firstname.lastname@example.org (for general support) • email@example.com (for privacy-related inquiries) • firstname.lastname@example.org (for marketing-related inquiries) • email@example.com (to delete your account)|
|Support Pages:||Help Desk • Live chat on-site|
Company Details 🏢
|Legal Name:||Honey Science Corporation|
|Also Known As:||PayPal Honey|
|Parent Company:||PayPal Holdings Inc|
|Founders:||Ryan Hudson • George Ruan|
|Headquarters:||Los Angeles, California, United States|
Who Is Honey For?
Honey is for online shoppers looking to save some extra money with cashback offers, deal-discovery, promo codes, and price-drop tracking.
|Minimum Age:||18 years old|
Honey offers more features for U.S. shoppers, but is available around the world. For business parterns, Honey is focused on retailers in Australia, the United States, Canada, France, Germany, the Netherlands, and the United Kingdom.
|Supported Languages:||Deutsch, English, Español, Français, Italiano |
|Supported Devices:||Android Phone, Android Tablet, Computer Browser, iPad, iPhone |
Honey can be accessed via web browser on any device (user experience may vary) or via the Honey app for iOS and Android. The Honey browser extension can only be downloaded on a desktop browser.
How Does Honey Work?
There are 2 types of users on Honey:
- Members (earners)
- Partners (buyers / consumers)
Here's how Honey works for each of those user types:
How Honey Works For Members
Honey members can use the platform to find cashback offers and product deals, track price drops, and save money with promo codes. They can also earn some extra cash by referring friends to the platform. Earnings come in the form of points, with 1 Point = $0.01. Points can be exchanged for gift cards, PayPal credits, or PayPal cash.
Key Points 🔑
|Income Type:||Active, Semi-Passive|
You can earn/save money semi-passively with the Honey app or browser extension, as these will automatically alert you of cashback and promo codes.
|Point Conversion:||1 Honey Point is worth $0.01. 100 Points = $1.|
Minimum payout varies by payout option. PayPal payouts have no minimum but gift card payouts start at $10. (this may vary by location).
|Payout Options:||Charity Donations Gift Cards PayPal 1-800-Flowers Gift Card Ace Hardware Gift Card |
Payout options may vary by location.
|Payout Speed:||0-1 days|
While payouts are quick, receiving your cashback points after making a purchase can take 60-90 days (or longer for things like travel reservations).
|Sign Up Bonus:||500 points ($5) if you use a referral link and make a qualifying cashback purchase. Sign up here.|
Pros, cons, and tips are based on real Honey Member reviews.
Getting Started 🔢
Becoming a Honey member is free. To get started, head over to the website or download the Honey app and create an account. All you need to sign up is an email address.
From there, you can explore Honey as is, or, if you're on a desktop computer, you can download the browser extension for automatic cashback alerts, automatic promo codes, and other features.
Sign up bonus: 500 points ($5) if you use a referral link and make a qualifying cashback purchase.
Earning and Saving Money 💵
There are two ways to earn points on Honey:
- Shopping online. There are thousands of different retailers offering cashback on Honey. You can find these directly via the website or app, or, if you have the browser extension, you'll be alerted automatically when you go to a website that offers cashback. When you activate the cashback offer and make a purchase, you'll earn a percentage back (usually 1-5%) in your Honey account.
- Referrals. Share your unique referral link to earn. If someone clicks your link, creates an account, and makes a cashback purchase, you'll earn 500 points ($5). Unfortunately, you can only refer 200 people max.
To save money with Honey, you can:
- Discover promo codes. You can find these on the Honey website, or you can automatically search for promo codes at checkout with the Honey app or browser extension.
- Discover deals. Check out the Honey homepage for daily deals on a variety of products. You can also follow specific stores to get alerted of deals.
- Track price drops. If you have something on your wishlist, add it to your Honey droplist for an alert next time it goes down in price.
- Track historical prices. Honey can also show you the price history for different products, either on the Honey app or website (for many different products), or directly on Amazon. You can use this info to make more timely purchases.
Cashing Out 💰
Once you have earned any amount of money (there's no minimum payout), you can cash out your Honey earnings via Charity Donations, Gift Cards or PayPal.
After cashing out, you can expect to receive your Honey payout in 0-1 days. (While payouts are quick, receiving your cashback points after making a purchase can take 60-90 days (or longer for things like travel reservations).)
How Honey Works For Partners
Honey partners can use with the platform to promote their store(s) and products by offering cashback and implementing Honey's tools (like price tracking and promo code discovery). This can help incentivize shoppers, drive engagement, and increase sales.
Key Points 🔑
|Costs / Fees:||No information available.||Payment Options:||Unknown|
Getting Started 🔢
To become a Honey partner, head over to the business side of the website and submit the partner form. You'll be asked to provide your store name, store URL, country, contact email, and the affiliate network you're on (if any).
From there, someone from Honey will reach out directly.
Honey has four main features that partners can utilize to advertise their store(s) and increase sales:
- Deal discovery. Get specific products featured on the Honey app and website by offering limited-time deals.
- Cashback. Offer percentage-based cashback on your online store. Honey shoppers can discover your store via the app or website, or get alerted of cashback automatically when browsing with the browser extension.
- Price tracking. Allow Honey members to track prices across your store in 30, 60, 90, or 120 day windows. Shoppers then get alerted when prices drop.
- Coupon discovery. Help Honey shoppers automatically find coupon codes for your store to reduce cart abandonments and increase sales.
No information available.
Free Platform Discovery Tool
Find other helpful platforms for making money, managing your finances, growing your business, and more!Try It!