Learn How to Make Money on PacketStream
Looking for tips on how to make money on PacketStream? Not sure where to get started?
In this PacketStream earning guide, we'll break down how each opportunity on the platform works, ways to maximize your earnings (and waste less time), and more.
What is PacketStream?
PacketStream is a crowdsourcing marketplace for residential proxies. Here, individuals can sell their unused internet bandwidth to PacketStream customers, who use the network for data gathering and browsing purposes. Founded in 2018, the platform claims to have over 7M residential IPs. Learn more.
How Much Money Can You Earn on PacketStream?
Unfortunately, we don't have enough user data to give an accurate estimate on PacketStream's earning potential.
Want to contribute your own data? Write a review!
Sign up for Swift Saturday Financial, a quick weekly newsletter that features extra money ideas, business stories, and other money-making tips!
Sent every Saturday. Unsubscribe at any time. I'll never share or sell your information.
How to Start Earning on PacketStream
If you're brand new to PacketStream, first, before getting started, make sure you meet the requirements:
|Minimum Age:||18 years old|
|Supported Devices:||Linux Computer, Mac Computer, Windows Computer|
Step 1: Create an account
You can sign up to become a PacketStream packeter by going here and clicking the “Earn Money” option.
Step 2: Download the software
Once logged into your account, head over to the “download” area of your dashboard to install the PacketStream app. This is what enables you to start sharing bandwidth on the network.
Step 3: Start earning
Log into your account on the software to complete the software setup.
Now the software should be running and you should seeing traffic being shared/earnings being added to your account. To keep earning, keep the software open. If you restart your pc/laptop, make sure you reopen the software.
Once you reach the minimum of $5 on your account you can withdraw your earnings. Good luck!
2 Ways to Make Money on PacketStream
1. Selling Bandwidth
This is of course the main way to earn on PacketStream — by passively selling your unused bandwidth to the network. All you have to do is set the software up and you'll start earning.
PacketStream customers are willing to pay for your bandwidth so they can use it for things like:
- Accessing region-blocked content (e.g. Netflix)
- Browsing more privately
- Comparing prices by location
- and many more
You can expect to earn around $1-$40 per month selling your bandwidth. You'll get paid $0.10 for every GB of bandwidth that a PacketStream customer uses from your connection.
There are 4 main factors that will affect your PacketStream interner sharing earnings:
- Location – Some locations have more demand than others. For example, users in the UK may earn more than users in Australia. This varies constantly.
- # of IP addresses – Your earnings are largely determined by how many devices you have connected to different IP addresses. The general rule is that the more unique IPs you have on PacketStream, the more you will earn.
- Network speed and ping – Best performance will be seen on networks with speeds of 50Mbps or more and ping of less than 50ms.
- The amount of time you have the software on – This one's pretty self-explanatory. If the software isn't active, you aren't sharing bandwidth, which means you aren't earning!
Tip: Try to keep the PacketStream software running as often as possible. Connecting your device directly to your router is also a good idea.
When you share PacketStream with friends, PacketStream pays you a referral commission of 20% of everything they earn.
PacketStream Tips and Tricks to Earn More Money
Ok, now that you know how to make money on PacketStream, let's look at some tips to help you earn more in less time.
- Keep your computer on with the PacketStream client running to earn more.
- If you have access to more than one unique IP, run PacketStream on multiple devices to earn more.
- Position your computer nearest to the Wi-Fi router for faster Internet speed and ping.
How to Cash Out Your PacketStream Earnings
The minimum payout/cash out amount on PacketStream is $5. So, you'll need to first earn at least that much before being able to redeem your earnings.
Payouts on PacketStream can be received via PayPal.
After hitting the payout threshold and/or requesting a cash out, you can expect to receive your reward/earnings in 1-7 days.
Hope you found this PacketStream earning guide helpful. You should now have a much better idea of how to make money on PacketStream + all of the different money-making opportunities available on the platform.
If you have any questions, or if there's something we missed, please send us a message!
- 25+ Passive Income Sources to Make Money While You Sleep
- Ways to Get Paid for Your Data (Sites and Apps)
- Ways to Get Paid to Search the Web
- 20 Superb Ways to Make Extra Money on the Side
- Top Micro Job Sites (22+) for Finding Paid Tasks (Ultimate Guide)
- Best Paid Survey Sites: Guide to Taking Surveys for Money