What Is MyPoints?
MyPoints is a rewards platform where members can earn money by answering surveys, shopping online, scanning receipts, watching videos, and more. The platform has been around since 1996 and is currently owned by Prodege, a well-known consumer insights company based in the U.S.
General Details 📜
|Helps You:||Make Money|
|Opportunities:||Cashback Daily Goal Completion Rewards Email Reading Gaming Offer Completion Market Research Participation |
Contact Info ☎️
|Socials:||Facebook • Instagram • Twitter • Pinterest|
|Emails:||GooglePlay@prodege.com (for MyPoints mobile support)|
|Support Pages:||Help Center • Activity Ledger|
Company Details 🏢
|Legal Name:||MyPoints, LLC|
|Also Known As:||MyPoints®, BonusMail®, MyPoints Mobile (app)|
|Parent Company:||Prodege, LLC|
|Founders:||Dan Kihanya • Nicholas Eisenberger • Noah Doyle|
|Headquarters:||San Francisco, California, United States|
Who Is MyPoints For?
If you're looking for a productive way to spend your free time online, joining MyPoints can help you earn extra money and other rewards without much effort. That said, being a MyPoints member does not guarantee a stable source of income or big payouts, so if that's what you're looking for, it's better to look elsewhere.
|Minimum Age:||16 years old|
Some features are available in certain locations only. If your country is not supported and you try to sign up, you will see this message: "MyPoints is not yet available in your country, but we are working hard to get there. We will contact you when we launch."
|Supported Devices:||Computer, Smartphone, Tablet, Android Phone, iPhone|
MyPoints can be accessed via a web browser on any device (user experience may vary). Apps are also available via the App Store and Play Store.
How Does MyPoints Work?
MyPoints members can earn points by participating in various activities such as answering surveys, shopping online, watching videos, playing games, and more. 1 MyPoints point = $0.00571-$0.00645. After accumulating $3.00 (~465-525 Points), members can redeem their points for PayPal cash, gift cards, and more.
To join as a MyPoints member, go to the website and sign up using your email and password. Alternatively, you can also register by downloading the app on Google Play or Apple App Store. Registration is completely free and may even offer a sign up bonus.
On your member's dashboard, you'll see a variety of opportunities that you can participate in. Here's a quick breakdown:
- Answer Surveys: Fill in your profile and then answer relevant surveys to earn points.
- Play Games: Play cash games offered by MyPoints and get up to 4 points per dollar that you spend within the game.
- Find Deals: Find deals (e.g. 50% off a new service) and complete various offers (like signing up for new websites, starting trial offers, etc.) to earn points.
- Shop through MyPoints: Get points (cashback) by purchasing items online through MyPoints. You can download the MyPoints Score extension to make this process automatic whenever you visit a supporting merchant.
- Find Coupons: MyPoints occasionally has coupons for different stores and travel merchants.
- Search and Earn: Get the chance to earn points by searching the web from MyPoints Search and Earn page.
- MyPoints BINGO: Win between 10-500 points by completing one of sixteen BINGO patterns.
- MyPoints Daily Goal: Complete daily goals and earn bonus points. You can earn more points by completing your goals for multiple days in a row.
- To-Do List: Similar to the daily goal. Complete your to-do list for multiple days in a row to earn bonus points.
- Point Perks: Find and redeem Point Perk codes for bonus points. You can find these codes on the MyPoints platform or social media pages.
- BonusMails: Get points by reading a BonusMail. You can earn more points by shopping through a BonusMail.
- Magic Receipts: Submit up to 10 receipts per week and earn bonus points. The number of points you earn will depend on the items on your receipt -- some pay more than others.
- Daily Poll: Answer a quick multiple-choice question to earn 1 point.
- Refer-a-Friend: Invite your family and friends to join the platform and earn a minimum of 480 bonus points per referral + 10% of their earnings for life at no cost to them.
As you earn money on MyPoints, you'll occasionally earn bonuses. These can be used to boost certain activities (e.g. increase survey earnings for a specific amount of time).
Once you have at least $3.00 (~465-525 Points) in your earnings balance, you can cash out via Gift Cards, PayPal, Prepaid Credit Cards or Travel Rewards Points. Payouts typically take 3-56 days to be sent out.
Details for Members 💰
|Income Type:||Active, Semi-Passive|
Semi-passive income can be earned on MyPoints by referring other members. You'll earn 10% of your referrals' earnings for life at no cost to them.
|Point Conversion:||1 MyPoints point is worth $0.00571-$0.00645. 155-175 points = $1. To reach the minimum payout amount listed below, you'll need to have around 465-525 points.|
Point conversion varies based on the payout option chosen. Higher-value payouts typically offer better conversion rates. Some payout options go on sale occasionally, offering even better rates.
Minimum payout varies by payout option and location.
|Payout Options:||Gift Cards PayPal Prepaid Credit Cards Travel Rewards Points 1-800-Flowers Gift Card |
Payout options vary by location.
|Payout Speed:||3-56 days|
Payout processing times vary by payout option. eGift cards: 3 to 10 business days, PayPal cash: up to 5 business days, physical gift cards: 2 to 3 weeks for delivery, United MileagePlus Award Miles: 6 to 8 weeks.
|Commissions / Fees:||There is a $3 deduction for requesting a physical gift card.|
|Sign Up Bonus:||New MyPoints members can choose between a $5-$10 Amazon or Visa Gift Card as their welcome bonus.|
Pros and cons are based on real MyPoints Member reviews.
Sign up for Swift Saturday Financial, a quick weekly newsletter that features platforms (and other ideas) to help you make more money and manage your money better!
Sent every Saturday. Unsubscribe at any time. I'll never share or sell your information.
Editorial MyPoints Review
Is MyPoints Legit?
We believe that MyPoints is legit. The platform has been around since 1996 and is one of the pioneers of rewards platforms with a strong online presence and plenty of reviews across the web. That said, along with positive reviews, MyPoints also has a fair share of complaints, with some reviewers stating that the app is not user-friendly and the support staff is unreachable. Still, we have no reason to believe it's a scam.
- Strong online presence.
- Positive reviews across the web.
- Founded in 1996.
- Owned and operated by Prodege, a well-known name in the rewards space.
- Easy to navigate website with transparent information.
- Active on social media platforms (members can join and win giveaways too).
- Some complaints about the platform across the web, though this is to be expected for a platform of this type and age.
Note: All research is done independently and could be wrong or change as new information is gathered. Please do your own due diligence.
Is MyPoints a Good Way to Make Money?
This section is incomplete. Showing what we have so far...
Payout Minimum Rating: 4/5
MyPoints has a minimum payout of $3.00.
Payout Speed Rating: 1/5
Payout processing times vary by payout option. eGift cards: 3 to 10 business days, PayPal cash: up to 5 business days, physical gift cards: 2 to 3 weeks for delivery, United MileagePlus Award Miles: 6 to 8 weeks. Overall, based on our data, you can expect to get paid in 3-56 days after reaching the minimum payout amount.
General Platform Statistics
Global Website Rank
Avg. Monthly Website Visitors
Total App Downloads
Total # Of Active Members
Total Paid Out Earnings
Data as of January 21, 2023 • Sources: Similarweb, AppBrain, MyPoints, Google Play Page
Based on real data from our 1 MyPoints Member reviews.
Help make this data more accurate by writing a review!
MyPoints Reviews From Members
Reviewer Recommendation😁 100%
Reviews By Total Earnings
- Unknown (0%)
- Less than $100 (100%)
- $100-$999 (0%)
- $1,000-$9,999 (0%)
- $10,000-$49,999 (0%)
- $50,000-$99,999 (0%)
- $100,000+ (0%)
Reviews By Age Range
- Unknown (0%)
- 13-17 (0%)
- 18-24 (100%)
- 25-34 (0%)
- 35-44 (0%)
- 45-54 (0%)
- 55-64 (0%)
- 65+ (0%)
Reviews By Length of Use
- < 1 month (0%)
- 1-3 months (100%)
- 3-6 months (0%)
- 6-12 months (0%)
- 1-2 years (0%)
- 2-3 years (0%)
- 3-5 years (0%)
- 5+ years (0%)
Not necessarily the most exciting website to use all the time
I would say it's a good site if your there at the right time and it has a lot of opportunities for you to earn but it's not necessarily the most exciting website to use all the time. I do some surveys here and there but I think this site is something I'd use more for shopping online and looking for good deals which usually come around when some event or holiday is going down which isn't very often.
If you're a hardcore earner and you just want to juice every online opportunity you can for some extra money I would recommend this site, otherwise you could stick to an easier interface site like Mturk or Dscout for more consistent payouts.
- My favorite thing on this site are the special promotions and the cashback for shopping offers because it's allowing me to pursue my goal of flipping through ebay as another source of income.
- I knew I needed an inventory if I wanted to sell anything on ebay so this site gave me the opportunity of buying this product at a low price and sell it for a (hopefully) high price.
- My least favorite thing on this site is the amount of time for any offers other than surveys or daily tasks to credit into your account. It took about a month to get the special promotion credits in my account for purchasing the Amazon Echo Dot and another 10 days to withdrawal the credits to an Amazon gift card which is why It took 52 days for my first withdrawal.
- Look out for good deals and take advantage of special promotions and new user bonuses
- Keep up on daily tasks for maximum earnings