Note: We may earn a commission from affiliate links on this page. These do not affect our ratings or recommendations.
About Ibotta (for Savers)
Ibotta savers can earn cashback on online and in-store shopping purchases by either shopping directly through Ibotta, scanning receipts, or linking store loyalty cards. Money can also be earned by referring new members to the platform. After accumulating $20.00, earnings can be cashed out via bank transfer, PayPal, or gift cards.
General Details 📜
|Make Money Save Money
|Cashback Grocery Savings In-Store Savings Online Shopping Savings Purchase History Sharing
Key Points 🔑
The Ibotta browser extension makes online cashback semi-passive. It'll alert you when cashback offers are available.
There's a $3.99 account maintenance fee for every 30 days that your Ibotta account remains inactive. An inactive account is one that has had no activity for at least 180 days.
|Direct Deposit Gift Cards PayPal Amazon Gift Card Best Buy Gift Card
Payout speeds vary by payout option. PayPal payouts are typically received within 2 hours but can take 1-3 business days in some cases. Gift cards are sent within an hour. Direct deposit payouts typically take anywhere from 0-5 business days but can take up to 7 business days in some cases.
|Commissions / Fees:
|$3.99 account maintenance fee for inactive accounts (explained further in the "Work Schedule" section).
|Sign Up Bonus:
|$10 when you spend $30 online shopping through Ibotta within 45 days of registration. May not be available at all times. Sign up here.
- Sometimes offers completely free items (i.e. you get the exact value back in cashback).
- Earn cashback on your in-store or online purchases at more than 500,000 locations (and counting).
- You can maximize your earning potential with Ibotta's various bonuses.
- Has a user-friendly interface on both their website and app. It also works with select popular apps such as Uber, Jet.com, Groupon, Boxed, and eBay.
- Good selection of payout options with quick payout speeds.
- Being able to link a loyalty card for quicker cashback with certain retailers is convenient.
- Has a high minimum payout threshold.
- Requires phone number verification before payout.
- Some cashback rebates can take a while to credit.
- Poorly printed receipts can result in cashback being denied.
- Doesn't have every retailer and cashback rates can vary by product/retailer.
- Maximize your earnings by shopping online. Cashback offers available online often have bonuses.
- Hold onto your physical receipts until you receive your cashback earnings on your account.
- Make it a habit to activate Ibotta cashback when shopping online to be sure that you'll receive cashback on your qualifying purchase(s).
- Try to refer new members to the platform for a boost in earnings.
- Double-check your offer list before submitting a receipt as you can only submit each receipt once.
- Combine cashback offers with coupons and sales when you can.
Note: The pros, cons, and tips featured above are manually curated summaries and/or direct excerpts from our 6 Ibotta Saver reviews.