About Freelancer (for Freelancers)
Freelancers (aka sellers/workers) can sign up to Freelancer.com for free and find a variety of ways to earn money with their digital skills.
General Details 📜
|Helps You:||Hire Help Make Money|
|Platform Type:||Freelance Marketplace|
|Opportunities:||Administration Artificial Intelligence (AI) Audio Production Competing Computer Science |
Key Points 🔑
|Payout Options:||Direct Deposit PayPal Skrill Wire Transfer|
|Payout Speed:||1-15 days|
For first withdrawals, freelancers need to wait for 15 days before the request is processed. After that, withdrawal requests will take 1-5 business days depending on the payment method and day of request. Payment cut-off days are on Monday and Thursday. Freelancer.com also offers Daily Withdrawal Requests to users who have successfully withdrawn their earnings before and are under a Plus, Professional, or Premier membership.
|Commissions / Fees:||For fixed-price projects, Freelancer.com collects $5 USD (or its equivalent in other currencies) or 10% of the winning bid — whichever is greater — when the freelancer accepts the project. Subsequent payments above the original bid amount will have a 10% project fee. For hourly projects, Freelancer.com will collect 10% of every milestone payment as a project fee. Additionally, tips are subject to a 10% fee, and government taxes may apply depending on the country.|
- Easy to use.
- Lots of jobs available in many different skillets.
- Clients pay relatively well.
- Chance to find recurring work.
- No hefty withdrawal fees.
- Flexible bidding system.
- Freelancers who build up a good rating can receive a lot of work.
- Lots of competition, either from freelancers undercutting your prices or from well-established freelancers with high ratings.
- Scammers on the platform will ask you to pay before being able to take on a job, only to run off with your money.
- High minimum payout compared to other similar platforms.
- Payments can sometimes take a while to process.
- Bid on jobs early and often.
- Be patient.
- Build a strong profile listing all of your skills, achievements, etc.
- Participate in contests.
- Don't pay any money in order to land a job.
- Overdeliver (especially as a beginner) to impress clients and increase your chance at recurring work.
- Ask clients for ratings and/or referrals.
- Before accepting a task, research the client to ensure they're legit and have a valid payment method.
- Learn new skills when you can in order to offer new services.
Note: The pros, cons, and tips featured above are manually curated summaries and/or direct excerpts from our 19 Freelancer Freelancer reviews.