Fiverr is a popular online freelance marketplace that facilitates the connection between buyers and sellers of digital services. Here, you can buy or sell almost any digital service imaginable, from common things like writing and voiceover to more niche services like video game coaching, spellcasting, and much more.
General Details 📜
|Helps You:||Hire Help Make Money|
|Platform Type:||Freelance Marketplace|
|Opportunities:||Administration Artificial Intelligence (AI) Audio Production Computer Science Copy Editing |
Details for Sellers 💰
|Payout Options:||Payoneer PayPal|
|Payout Speed:||7-21 days|
Note: For regular sellers, all earnings are held for 14 days before being available for withdrawal. Top-Rated Sellers (TRS), Seller Plus sellers, and PRO sellers have a shorter 7-day clearing period. These clearing periods were considered when calculating the overall payout speed(s) above.
|Commissions / Fees:||Fiverr takes a 20% cut of all sales sellers make.|
- Accessible and simple to use.
- Lots of clients/buyers.
- Good payment options.
- Fast pay/withdrawals.
- Can offer almost any service under the sun.
- High fees (Fiverr takes 20% of all sales).
- Payments are held for 14 days before being withdrawable.
- Sometimes payments get delayed.
- Very competitive.
- Creep scope enabling.
- If a dispute arises, Fiverr will most often take the buyer's side, even if the buyer is in the wrong.
- Make sure that you are always online and available.
- Make your gigs look good.
- Always ask buyers to message first and let you know the exact task they're looking for.
- Post multiple gigs in similar or different skill sets. This allows you to hit more search queries and reach a wider audience.
- Pick a service that you know people are buying (how many orders are in the queue of the top competitors?).
- Add a video to a gig to (hopefully) increase your buyer rate.
- Research other gigs related to your niche. Find out what others doing to make sales.
- Put keywords in your description. Most buyers find gigs via search so the better your keyword optimization, the better chance you have of getting found.
- May be against the rules, but asking a friend to make the first order on your gig can give you a big headstart.
- Never accept orders you can't finish on time, or that may end up canceled. They can destroy your reputation.
- Make sure you have a clean and attractive profile, list all extra skills, include a profile picture, and start small.
- Be patient, it may take a while before you land your first gig.
Note: The pros, cons, and tips featured above are manually curated summaries and/or direct excerpts from our 29 Fiverr Seller reviews.
Fiverr Seller Statistics
We've gathered 29 Fiverr Seller reviews from 17 unique countries/regions.
Here are some insights and statistics from those reviews:
Reported Hourly Earnings
Reported Monthly Earnings
Reported Time to Reach Minimum Payout Amount (For the 1st Time)
- Unknown (3.33%)
- <= 5 minutes (0%)
- <= 1 hour (0%)
- <= 1 day (6.67%)
- <= 1 week (20%)
- <= 2 weeks (20%)
- <= 3 weeks (6.67%)
- <= 1 month (23.33%)
- > 1 month (20%)
- > 1 year (0%)
Statistics above are based on self-reported data from our 29 Fiverr Seller reviews.
Help contribute by writing a review!
About the Reviewers
Reviews By Total Earnings
- Unknown (3.33%)
- Less than $100 (30%)
- $100-$999 (56.67%)
- $1,000-$9,999 (10%)
- $10,000-$49,999 (0%)
- $50,000-$99,999 (0%)
- $100,000+ (0%)
Reviews By Age Range
- Unknown (0%)
- 13-17 (3.33%)
- 18-24 (63.33%)
- 25-34 (30%)
- 35-44 (3.33%)
- 45-54 (0%)
- 55-64 (0%)
- 65+ (0%)
Reviews By Length of Use
- < 1 month (0%)
- 1-3 months (6.67%)
- 3-6 months (20%)
- 6-12 months (23.33%)
- 1-2 years (20%)
- 2-3 years (20%)
- 3-5 years (10%)
- 5+ years (0%)
Are you a Fiverr Seller?
Share your experience with other Fiverr Sellers and help others learn more about the platform!
Fiverr is a good platform with decent earning potential
Fiverr is a good platform with decent earning potential, if you know how to use it. You also need to know who you do and don't want to work for, as some clients can be tire kickers (just waste your time, and try to nickle and dime you).
I like that they have an app, which allows me to quickly respond to inquiries.
Responding quickly is important because the longer you wait the less likely you are to get the job.
It is also important because Fiverr displays a "typically replies in X hours", on each of your gigs, so people are more likely to message you if they know that you are responsive.
Their platform is slightly buggy sometimes, especially their messaging system. It's not a huge deal, but it can be annoying.
They also take 20% of your earnings, which can seem like a lot. However, you have to remember that the reason you're earning that money, is their marketing...
Pick a service that you know people are buying (how many orders are in the queue of the top competitors?). Even though you can make money selling obscure services, it is more difficult.
Fiverr is a good platform for the seller except...
Fiverr is a good platform for the seller except that it's very biased to the buyer hence payment not completely secure. You get gigs according to your review. It has good community and support. The seller can charge a minimum of $5 per gig. It also has unlimited earning opportunity since there are many services to offer. Its also ideal for beginners.
Fivver is a platform that assures payment for the work done. With the right reputation you get very many clients .the clients choose freelancers based on reviews. There is the ability to learn new things
It mostly Favours the seller. it has faulty search feature that makes your reliable gigs unsearchable.
Luck applies because you should be lucky to be picked out of other 100 freelancers with the same rating as you.
Put up a Gig Video .This impresses clients. Get the Fiverr app. This will help you get Clients orders at the Go. Make sure you have a sensible delivery time. Make use of SEO to make your profile easily seen.
One of the downsides to working with Fiverr is the fact that freelancers have to pay 20% fee per income.
Accessible. No country restrictions. Good refund policy. Scam free
Creep scope enabling. Little help to sellers regarding buyers that want free information. High cut
Create more gig in other skill sets. Expand to other sites if you want to make this a full-time gig. All skill-sets are profitable, it just take the right client to get lift-off.
Good place to make money with expertise, but...
Good place to make money with expertise, but its largely underpaid. It's also very difficult to get the first job, there's no way to prove customers should trust you.
Large market place. Ensures clients have money before working
Hard to get first job. Can be hash on freelancers. Accounts can be banned with little explanation
Be patient. Make sure you set up your gig professionally. Make sure you get 5 star reviews in your first job. Send requests to buyers as often as you can and review your gigs as often as you can.
It's a solid way to earn side income but the competition is pretty tight.
Some clients pay extremely well and some clients are long term.
Biased algorithm. Tight competition. Lack of clients
Be patient, it may take a while before you land your first gig. Consult an expert to design your gig. Regularly update your gigs to reflect recent skills like SEO gained.
Very good but a little bit of work needs to be put into the payment system.
- If you are established, you get more gigs.
- Easy payment procedures.
- More gigs during high season.
- Nice dashboard to track your progress.
- Beautiful interface between client and the gig worker.
- Competition can get though sometimes.
- Payments can delay.
- Ask a professional to help you make a nice intro page.
- Acquire more skills and certifications for more jobs.
- Be active so as not to miss clients.
- Choose high word count jobs.
- Choose high value currency.
- Choose long term clients. Avoid nagging clients.
- Avoid plagiarism.
- Avoid scammers who are easy to identify.
- Don't buy accounts.
- Do 2FA for more security of your account.
- Ask for a deposit beforehand if you feel like you are going to be shortchanged. Though it doesn't happen oftenly.
This is a very good site for beginner freelancers
This is a very good site for beginner freelancers. You can easily make a living from the site. For new member you first have to register to start bidding on projects.
Alot of jobs available. A wide range of jobs. An easy to use site even for beginners. No payment for one to be a member
Alot of competition. Low rates for work done. Most jobs are posted when it mid night in my country.
Bid on a project immediately after it pops up
I have had a good experience working with Fivver
I have had a good experience working with Fivver, I have made money and I have also maintained my clients ever since I joined Fivver
You interact with clients. You can negotiate price. Not easy to be scammed
Currently flooded by job seekers hence getting a job isn't a walk in the park.
Be patient. Bid on the newly posted jobs
it's a very good site for any kind of work
simple to use site even a new person will use it. easy to get work so many job offers per minute. use of PayPal as payment method
Bid on a job immediately it appears
It's a really good site
It's a really good site for make a few bucks using any skill you have, it also helps you to gain experience, and helps to grow your portafolio in case that's important.
It works really well when you have a good portafolio, without one the experience is pretty rough. Anyhow, once your gig is in a good position you can make really good money because there's always buyers
Fast withdrawals. Hard to get scammed by buyers
The tasks I offer (transcription, VA, data entry) are pretty boring task and no matter how much offer this kind of gigs there's always people buying
The minimun for witdrawal is kinda high, and looks kinda imposible at begining
There's a lot of competition. Hard to atract buyers
Ask some friends to buy you the things that you're offering. It's not necessary that they actually buy you anything, but that way the can puntuate your reputuation and help you get a good position on your niche
Offer services where you're excellent with a low time to deliver it.