Note: We may earn a commission from affiliate links on this page. These do not affect our ratings or recommendations.
About Fiverr (for Sellers)
Fiverr sellers (i.e. freelancers) can sign up for free and create gig listings on the desktop website (starting at $5 per gig). Then, they can manage sales, message clients, and get paid on either the desktop site or mobile apps.
General Details 📜
|Helps You:||Hire Help Make Money|
|Platform Type:||Freelance Marketplace|
|Opportunities:||Administration Artificial Intelligence (AI) Audio Production Computer Science Copy Editing |
Key Points 🔑
|Payout Options:||Payoneer PayPal|
|Payout Speed:||7-21 days|
Note: For regular sellers, all earnings are held for 14 days before being available for withdrawal. Top-Rated Sellers (TRS), Seller Plus sellers, and PRO sellers have a shorter 7-day clearing period. These clearing periods were considered when calculating the overall payout speed(s) above.
|Commissions / Fees:||Fiverr takes a 20% cut of all sales sellers make.|
- Accessible and simple to use.
- Lots of clients/buyers.
- Good payment options.
- Fast pay/withdrawals.
- Can offer almost any service under the sun.
- High fees (Fiverr takes 20% of all sales).
- Payments are held for 14 days before being withdrawable.
- Sometimes payments get delayed.
- Very competitive.
- Creep scope enabling.
- If a dispute arises, Fiverr will most often take the buyer's side, even if the buyer is in the wrong.
- Make sure that you are always online and available.
- Make your gigs look good.
- Always ask buyers to message first and let you know the exact task they're looking for.
- Post multiple gigs in similar or different skill sets. This allows you to hit more search queries and reach a wider audience.
- Pick a service that you know people are buying (how many orders are in the queue of the top competitors?).
- Add a video to a gig to (hopefully) increase your buyer rate.
- Research other gigs related to your niche. Find out what others doing to make sales.
- Put keywords in your description. Most buyers find gigs via search so the better your keyword optimization, the better chance you have of getting found.
- May be against the rules, but asking a friend to make the first order on your gig can give you a big headstart.
- Never accept orders you can't finish on time, or that may end up canceled. They can destroy your reputation.
- Make sure you have a clean and attractive profile, list all extra skills, include a profile picture, and start small.
- Be patient, it may take a while before you land your first gig.
Note: The pros, cons, and tips featured above are manually curated summaries and/or direct excerpts from our 29 Fiverr Seller reviews.