About Fiverr (for Sellers)
Fiverr sellers (i.e. freelancers) can sign up for free and create gig listings on the desktop website (starting at $5 per gig). Then, they can manage sales, message clients, and get paid on either the desktop site or mobile apps.
General Details 📜
|Helps You:||Hire Help Make Money|
|Platform Type:||Freelance Marketplace|
|Opportunities:||Administration Artificial Intelligence (AI) Audio Production Computer Science Copy Editing |
Key Points 🔑
|Payout Options:||Payoneer PayPal|
|Payout Speed:||7-21 days|
Note: For regular sellers, all earnings are held for 14 days before being available for withdrawal. Top-Rated Sellers (TRS), Seller Plus sellers, and PRO sellers have a shorter 7-day clearing period. These clearing periods were considered when calculating the overall payout speed(s) above.
|Commissions / Fees:||Fiverr takes a 20% cut of all sales sellers make.|
- Accessible and simple to use.
- Lots of clients/buyers.
- Good payment options.
- Fast pay/withdrawals.
- Can offer almost any service under the sun.
- High fees (Fiverr takes 20% of all sales).
- Payments are held for 14 days before being withdrawable.
- Sometimes payments get delayed.
- Very competitive.
- Creep scope enabling.
- If a dispute arises, Fiverr will most often take the buyer's side, even if the buyer is in the wrong.
- Make sure that you are always online and available.
- Make your gigs look good.
- Always ask buyers to message first and let you know the exact task they're looking for.
- Post multiple gigs in similar or different skill sets. This allows you to hit more search queries and reach a wider audience.
- Pick a service that you know people are buying (how many orders are in the queue of the top competitors?).
- Add a video to a gig to (hopefully) increase your buyer rate.
- Research other gigs related to your niche. Find out what others doing to make sales.
- Put keywords in your description. Most buyers find gigs via search so the better your keyword optimization, the better chance you have of getting found.
- May be against the rules, but asking a friend to make the first order on your gig can give you a big headstart.
- Never accept orders you can't finish on time, or that may end up canceled. They can destroy your reputation.
- Make sure you have a clean and attractive profile, list all extra skills, include a profile picture, and start small.
- Be patient, it may take a while before you land your first gig.
Note: The pros, cons, and tips featured above are manually curated summaries and/or direct excerpts from our 29 Fiverr Seller reviews.