Note: We may earn a commission from affiliate links on this page. These do not affect our ratings or recommendations.
Fiverr Review At a Glance
- We believe Fiverr is legit. We gave it a trust rating of 5/5. View reasoning.
- Based on our combined research and user reviews, Fiverr seems to be a good earning opportunity for Sellers. It has an overall earner score of 3.9/5. View our research or read the user reviews.
- Based on our combined research and user reviews, Fiverr seems to provide a good product/service for Buyers. It has an overall consumer score of 4.5/5. View our research.
What Is Fiverr?
Fiverr is a popular online freelance marketplace that facilitates the connection between buyers and sellers of digital services. Here, you can buy or sell almost any digital service imaginable, from common things like writing and voiceover to more niche services like video game coaching, spellcasting, and much more.
General Details 📜
|Helps You:||Hire Help Make Money|
|Platform Type:||Freelance Marketplace|
|Opportunities:||Administration Artificial Intelligence (AI) Audio Production Computer Science Copy Editing |
Contact Info ☎️
|Socials:||LinkedIn • Facebook • Instagram • Twitter • YouTube • Pinterest|
|Emails:||email@example.com (for press inquiries) • firstname.lastname@example.org (for privacy inquiries)|
Company Details 🏢
|Legal Name:||Fiverr International Ltd.|
|Subsidiaries:||Fiverr Inc. • Fiverr Limited|
|Founders:||Micha Kaufman • Shai Wininger|
|Headquarters:||Tel Aviv, Israel|
Who Is Fiverr For?
Fiverr is perfect for new freelancers looking to get started selling digital services, seasoned freelancers looking to expand their reach, or business owners looking for top, on-demand talent.
|Minimum Age:||13 years old|
Note: Those under 18 must operate under a parent or guardian's account.
|Supported Languages:||Deutsch, English, Español, Français, Italiano |
|Supported Devices:||Android Phone, Computer Browser, iPad, iPhone, Smartphone Browser |
Note: The Fiverr mobile app doesn't allow freelancers to create gig listings (which are required to make sales on the platform). You'll need to use a PC to do that.
How Does Fiverr Work?
There are 2 types of users on Fiverr:
- Sellers (earners)
- Buyers (buyers / consumers)
Here's how Fiverr works for each of those user types:
How Fiverr Works For Sellers
Fiverr sellers (i.e. freelancers) can sign up for free and create gig listings on the desktop website (starting at $5 per gig). Then, they can manage sales, message clients, and get paid on either the desktop site or mobile apps.
Key Points 🔑
|Payout Options:||Payoneer PayPal|
|Payout Speed:||7-21 days|
Note: For regular sellers, all earnings are held for 14 days before being available for withdrawal. Top-Rated Sellers (TRS), Seller Plus sellers, and PRO sellers have a shorter 7-day clearing period. These clearing periods were considered when calculating the overall payout speed(s) above.
|Commissions / Fees:||Fiverr takes a 20% cut of all sales sellers make.|
Pros, cons, and tips are based on real Fiverr Seller reviews.
Getting Started 🔢
To become a Fiverr seller, you must first register for an account. Creating an account is free and only takes a few minutes.
Once you have an account, click your profile picture at the top-right corner of the screen and choose "Become a Seller" from the dropdown menu. Unfortunately, this option is unavailable on the Fiverr app, so you'll have to use a desktop computer.
Fiverr will then redirect you to a page where you can start the onboarding process, which includes watching three videos on using the platform as a seller. You'll also see tips on becoming a successful Fiverr seller, such as creating a profile that can attract clients.
After that, you can fill out the rest of your profile by writing a short description and adding your language(s), skills, education, certifications, and social accounts.
Then, you're ready to create your first gig and start making money!
Earning Money 💵
Before proceeding, remember that you cannot create a gig using the Fiverr mobile app. As such, you need to log in and switch to your seller account on a desktop computer.
To create a new gig, you first need to decide which services you'd like to offer. Some ideas include:
- Website Development
- Resume Design
- Social Media Marketing
- Online Lessons (such as writing, dance, photography, etc.)
- Writing Articles or Blog Posts
You can find more gig ideas by simply browsing Fiverr and looking at what's popular.
Once you've decided on the service you'd like to offer, go to your profile to create your first gig and complete these six steps below.
- Overview. The first step in creating a gig is to provide a title, category, and some search tags (i.e. keywords). You'll also be asked to select a service type and add some additional data based on the type of service you're providing.
- Scope and Pricing. This section is where you can set the price for your gig. You may also offer extra services (such as fast delivery) for additional fees.
- Description and FAQs. In this step, describe your gig in a maximum of 1,200 characters. You may also add FAQs to deal with common queries that buyers may have about your service.
- Requirements. This section is where you can ask buyers to share some information about what they're looking for.
- Gallery. To show buyers some samples of your work, you can upload files (such as images, videos, audio, and PDFs) up to 5GB. You should post your best portfolio pieces to increase your chances of making sales.
- Publish. After you've provided all the details, click "Publish Gig" to make your gig visible to buyers. Keep in mind, you may need to wait for approval (or complete a skills test) before being able to make your gig live.
If needed, gigs can be edited at any time from your profile.
Cashing Out 💰
Once you have at least $1.00 in your balance, you can cash out your Fiverr earnings via Payoneer or PayPal.
After cashing out, you can expect to receive your Fiverr payout in 7-21 days. (Note: For regular sellers, all earnings are held for 14 days before being available for withdrawal. Top-Rated Sellers (TRS), Seller Plus sellers, and PRO sellers have a shorter 7-day clearing period. These clearing periods were considered when calculating the overall payout speed(s) above.)
How Fiverr Works For Buyers
Fiverr buyers (i.e. clients) can sign up for free and use the platform to find and hire workers in a variety of niches and skillets. Once a suitable freelancer is found, all communications and payments happen directly through Fiverr.
Key Points 🔑
|Costs / Fees:||Prices are set independently by Fiverr sellers. Buyers are charged a service fee of 5.5% (+$2 for orders under $50) for each purchase made on Fiverr.|
You can browse Fiverr for free but the cheapest service offering you'll find is for $5.
|Payment Options:||Credit Card, PayPal, Wire Transfer|
Payment methods vary by location and account type. Buyers can also make purchases using Fiver credits (e.g. from referral commissions) or their Fiverr balance (e.g. from platform earnings or refunds).
Getting Started 🔢
Becoming a buyer on Fiverr is completely free. To create your account, head over to the Fiverr website (or download the app) and provide your email and a password.
Once you're signed up, you're ready to start hiring.
You can use Fiverr to hire freelancers for almost any task imaginable. If you can think it up, there's likely someone on Fiverr offering it as a service. This includes common things like graphic design and writing to more obscure things like video game coaching or astrology.
There are two ways to hire freelancers on Fiverr:
- Through the gig marketplace. This is the primary way to find freelancers -- simply search for the service you're looking to hire for. For example, you could search "logo design" on Fiverr to find a variety of service providers in that niche. You can then browse all of the seller profiles listed to find the best fit for your project.
- Through custom requests. If you'd rather have the freelancers come to you, you can post a custom job request on Fiverr. For this, you'll list all of your requirements, and then freelancers will apply if they think they're a good fit. You can then review all applications and select the one you like most.
After you've found and hired a freelancer, all communications and payments happen directly through Fiverr. Payments must be deposited in advance (i.e. before your work is delivered) and Fiverr takes a small cut.
Once your project is complete, if you're happy with the outcome, you can (optionally) tip your freelancer. If you're not happy with the outcome, you can request a revision or a refund.
Also, after completing work with a freelancer, you can (optionally) choose to leave a review on their profile.
Every service on Fiverr is priced independently by the freelancer offering the service, so pricing will vary. The cheapest services available are $5 each.
Buyers are also charged a service fee of 5.5% (+$2 for orders under $50) for each purchase made on Fiverr.
Free Platform Discovery Tool
Find other helpful platforms for making money, managing your finances, growing your business, and more!Try It!