Note: We may earn a commission from affiliate links on this page. These do not affect our ratings or recommendations.
Checkout 51 Review At a Glance
What Is Checkout 51?
Checkout 51 is a rewards platform where members can earn and save money by scanning receipts, getting cashback on groceries and gas, answering surveys, and more. Brands can partner with the platform directly to advertise their products to members. Founded in 2012, Checkout 51 is based in Toronto and operated by CB Neptune Holdings, which acquired the platform in 2015.
General Details 📜
|Helps You:||Advertise Make Money Save Money|
|Opportunities:||Ad Watching Cashback Cost-Per-Action Advertising Gas Savings Grocery Savings |
Contact Info ☎️
|Socials:||LinkedIn • Facebook • Twitter • Instagram|
|Emails:||firstname.lastname@example.org (for general support)|
|Support Pages:||Contact • Partner Contact • Member Help Desk|
Company Details 🏢
|Parent Company:||CB Neptune Holdings|
|Founders:||Andrew McGrath • Noah Godfrey • Pema Hegan|
|Headquarters:||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
Who Is Checkout 51 For?
Checkout 51 is for two groups: brands and consumers. Brands can contact the platform to set up cost-per-action (CPA) campaigns for their products. Consumers can sign up to find cashback offers on groceries and gas as well as other simple money-making opportunities.
|Minimum Age:||18 years old|
Must be the age of majority in your jurisdiction. This is typically
|Supported Locations:||Canada, Puerto Rico, United States|
Checkout 51 is also supported on overseas US military bases.
|Supported Languages:||English, Español, Français|
|Supported Devices:||Android Phone, Android Tablet, Computer Browser, iPad, iPhone |
Checkout 51 can be accessed via web browser on any device (user experience may vary) or via the Checkout 51 apps on the Apple App and Google Play stores.
How Does Checkout 51 Work?
There are 2 types of users on Checkout 51:
- Members (earners)
- Partners (buyers / consumers)
Here's how Checkout 51 works for each of those user types:
How Checkout 51 Works For Members
Checkout 51 members can earn and save money by redeeming in-store grocery offers, redeeming gas offers, taking surveys, sharing their location, and more. After accumulating $20.00, earnings can be cashed out via PayPal or check.
Key Points 🔑
|Income Type:||Active, Semi-Passive|
You can earn semi-passive income on Checkout 51 by sharing your location. All you have to do is tap notifications as you receive them, which is quite effortless.
If you do not redeem at least one offer in a 180-day period (one year for residents of Quebec), Checkout 51 may deduct a monthly fee from your account balance ($3.99 or less). This does not apply to members whose accounts are less than 6 months old.
|Payout Options:||Check PayPal|
|Payout Speed:||5-32 days|
PayPal payouts take 5-15 business days to receive. Checks are processed within that same timeframe but can take 15-30 business days to be received due to being sent by regular mail.
Pros, cons, and tips are based on real Checkout 51 Member reviews.
Getting Started 🔢
Becoming a Checkout 51 member is free. To get started, head over to the website or download the app and create your account. You can sign up via an existing Google account or via email. When signing up, you'll be asked to provide your full name, email, and gender.
Earning and Saving Money 💵
There are a few ways to earn and save money with Checkout 51:
- Scanning in-store grocery receipts. Checkout 51 lists new grocery offers every week for things like snacks, supplements, toiletries, laundry products, and more. Select the offers you'd like to redeem to add them to your list, buy them, then scan your receipt to earn the cashback. Note that some products may need to be purchased from a specific store or may need to have their barcode scanned for verification. It's also important to confirm the size of the product on offer. Read each offer's details for this type of information.
- Scanning gas receipts. Available to U.S. members only. Simply browse the gas cashback map on Checkout 51, select your desired gas station offer, fill up and pay with a credit or debit card, and then upload your receipt.
- Shopping online. Checkout 51 partners with some online stores and services like Uber, Booking.com, and Groupon (subject to change). Simply shop through the app to earn cashback (no receipt scanning required).
- Taking surveys. Answer surveys from Checkout 51 and partners to earn. Before getting started, you'll need to answer a quick profile survey.
- Location sharing. If you share your location with Checkout 51, they'll occasionally send you "instant reward" notifications. Just tap them and you'll get some money.
- Bonuses. Checkout 51 will occasionally reward you for redeeming a certain number of offers, earning a certain amount of cashback, or similar. Keep an eye out for these in your dashboard or via notifications.
- Watching ads. Occasionally in the "All Offers" list the "More ways to save" category will contain a paid ad. Watch it in full to earn around $0.03.
All Checkout 51 offers are refreshed on Thursday at 12:00 AM in your timezone. You need to redeem current offers before they refresh to get your cashback.
Cashing Out 💰
Once you have at least $20.00 in your balance, you can cash out your Checkout 51 earnings via Check or PayPal.
After cashing out, you can expect to receive your Checkout 51 payout in 5-32 days. (PayPal payouts take 5-15 business days to receive. Checks are processed within that same timeframe but can take 15-30 business days to be received due to being sent by regular mail.)
Tip: Read our Checkout 51 Earning Guide to learn more about making money on the platform.
How Checkout 51 Works For Partners
Checkout 51 partners can use the platform to advertise their brand or product(s). As a cost-per-action marketing platform, partners only pay Checkout 51 when a consumer redeems their offer.
Key Points 🔑
|Costs / Fees:||Unknown||Payment Options:||Unknown|
Getting Started 🔢
If you're interested in partnering with Checkout 51, head over to the platform's website and fill in the partner contact form. Provide your name, email, phone, country, brand/product name, and a quick message and someone from Checkout 51 will get back to you.
Once you're able to set up a campaign, you'll be able to set a budget, choose your target audience, track results, and more.
Unknown. Contact Checkout 51 directly for a quote.
Free Platform Discovery Tool
Find other helpful platforms for making money, managing your finances, growing your business, and more!Try It!