Note: We may earn a commission from affiliate links on this page. These do not affect our ratings or recommendations.
Trim Review At a Glance
What Is Trim?
Trim is a personal finance platform that helps members save money and manage their finances with tools like automated bill negotiation, expense tracking, budgeting, subscription cancellation, and more. Founded in 2015, the platform claims to have over 3M members who have collectively saved over $86M.
General Details 📜
|Helps You:||Budget Money Save Money Track Money|
|Opportunities:||Auto Insurance Savings Automated Bill Negotiation Cable TV Service Savings Cell Phone Service Savings Financial Tracking |
Contact Info ☎️
|Socials:||LinkedIn • Twitter • Facebook|
|Emails:||firstname.lastname@example.org (for general support) • email@example.com (for removing personal info) • firstname.lastname@example.org (for privacy-related questions)|
|Support Pages:||FAQ • Helpdesk|
Company Details 🏢
|Legal Name:||OneMain Trim, LLC|
|Also Known As:||Ask Trim|
|Parent Company:||OneMain Financial|
|Headquarters:||San Francisco, California, United States|
Who Is Trim For?
Trim is for anyone looking for an automated way to save money or an easy way to track their finances and create a simple budget.
|Minimum Age:||13 years old|
Those under the legal age of majority must have permission from a parent or legal guardian.
|Supported Locations:||United States|
|Supported Devices:||Computer Browser, Smartphone Browser, Tablet Browser|
Trim can be accessed via web browser on any device (user experience may vary).
How Does Trim Work?
There's 1 type of user on Trim:
- Members (buyers / consumers)
Here's how Trim works for them:
How Trim Works For Members
Trim members can save money by using the platform's automatic bill negotiation service, finding (and canceling) unwanted subscriptions, tracking finances, budgeting, and more.
Key Points 🔑
|Costs / Fees:||Trim is free to use besides its bill negotiation feature. If you're not a OneMain customer and Trim successfully negotiates one of your bills, they will charge you a 15% fee on your total yearly savings. For example, if they save you $10/month for 12 months ($120/year), they'll take $18 as a success fee. You won't be charged if they fail to get you a better deal.|
|Payment Options:||Credit Card|
Getting Started 🔢
Becoming a Trim member is free. To get started, head over to the website and create an account. You can sign up via an existing Facebook or Google account, or by providing your full name and email address.
From there, you'll be asked to provide a phone number to verify your account.
Managing Finances 💼
Once you're in, you can start exploring the platform and trying out some of the features, including:
- Bill negotiation. Automatically negotiate your cable, internet, landline, cell phone, and satellite radio bills. Just select your service provider, upload your bill, fill out your requirements, and Trim will do the rest.
- Subscription monitoring and cancellation. Monitor your transactions to find and isolate subscriptions automatically. Trim can even cancel some subscriptions for you in a single click.
- Budgeting. Enter your income, monthly expenses, and annual expenses, and Trim will output some quick data to help you better understand your financial situation.
- Tracking. Track your accounts, income, and expenses, and get notifications for things like payday deposits, fees, due payments, large transactions, and more.
- Liabilities calculator. Enter a target monthly payment for all your liabilities (e.g. credit cards, mortgage, car loan, etc.) and Trim will automatically calculate how long it'll take for you to pay off all your debts, how much interest you'll pay, and more.
- Car insurance comparisons. Enter your car insurance info and Trim will automatically monitor and compare rates to find you a better deal.
Note that some of the features above will require you to connect your bank account to Trim. This is done via Plaid, a 3rd party financial service.
Trim is free to use and only charges a 15% fee on first-year savings for successful bill negotiations. For example, if they save you $100/year, they'll charge you $15.
Note that if you're a OneMain customer, Trim's bill negotiation services are free.
Free Platform Discovery Tool
Find other helpful platforms for making money, managing your finances, growing your business, and more!Try It!