- Lots of reward options
- Good support
- Fun user experience
- Refer a friend program
- No misleading surveys or disqualifications
- Not a job replacement
- Can't see point history
- Stacks are rare (so earning is slow)
- iOS only
- Stacks expire if you don't take them fast enough
Nowadays there are a lot of money-making apps that you can download on your phone. Some of them suck, some of them are pretty good.
Because I have a lot of fun using this app and I think it's a nice way to earn some free gift cards, I decided to write this in-depth Perksy review so that you could see what it's all about.
In this review, I'll let you know how Perksy works, whether it's worth your time, and I'll show you how to get the most out of it. I'll also show you some payment proof to prove it's legit.
Table of Contents:
- What is Perksy
- How Does Perksy Work
- How Much Can You Make with Perksy?
- Perksy Pros and Cons
- Is Perksy Legit?
- What Others Are Saying About Perksy
- How to Get Started on Perksy
- Perksy Review: Final Thoughts
What is Perksy?
Put simply, Perksy is a market research app that pays you for your opinions. However, it's massively different than every other survey app I've tried before.
- There are no 30-minute surveys that are supposed to only take 10 minutes (survey takers know what I'm talking about)
- There's no getting disqualified from surveys with no pay; and
- Perksy is fun to use. I actually look forward to getting and completing new Stacks (that's what they call their surveys) from Perksy because the user experience is so nice.
How Does Perksy Work?
Perksy is pretty straightforward and easy to use right from the get-go, but here are some of the main features and elements of the app.
As I said above, Stacks are what the surveys are called in Perksy.
Perksy Stacks typically take 1-5 minutes to complete and they consist of multiple choice questions and short answers.
Most of the Stacks I've filled have had to do with random lifestyle questions, questions about products, stuff like that.
Tip: I recommend enabling notifications for Perksy because Stacks expire. If you don't take them in time, you'll miss out.
When you open up the Persky app and a Stack is available, it will look something like this:
Here's an example of some questions I had in a Stack recently:
As you can see, the questions are really easy to answer (and fun too).
Perksy usually puts some pretty awesome visuals behind each question as well, which makes the experience even more enjoyable.
Perksy Rewards (The Perk Store)
Once you complete a Stack, Perksy awards you with points. 100 points = $1.
The points you earn from Stacks can be redeemed for gift cards in the Perk Store. Gift card redemption starts at $25.
I was honestly surprised at the amount of options Perksy has available. I expected maybe 10-15 gift card choices but it's closer to 100 on the US perkstore and 20 on the Candian store.
All of the gift cards are for popular stores as well so you can be sure there is something on there that you'll like.
Here is just a sneak peek at some of the gift cards they offer:
Perksy Referral Program
The Perksy referral program offers an easy way to earn some extra points as you can earn 100 points for each friend you refer to the app.
I think it would be cool if both the referer AND the referred each got bonus points but unfortunately, that isn't the case… for now at least.
P.S. If you'd like to help me fund my movie-going addiction, feel free to use my referral link when signing up. I'm saving for movie theatre gift cards 😀 Thanks!
If you still want to learn more about Perksy, check out their website for more information about their mission, brands they work with, etc.
How Much Can You Make with Perksy?
At max, I think you could make maybe $25/month with Perksy, and that's only if you get a lot of Stacks.
See, Perksy definitely pays fairly for the amount of time you'll spend on the app. For example, I've earned 50 points ($0.50) for a Stack that only took around 1 minute to complete.
The reason it's hard to earn a lot with Perksy is that you may only get one stack a week or only a few stacks a month. It varies a lot.
Fewer stacks = fewer points in your account so you can see the problem.
However, in the end, Perksy is only meant to provide some extra income. This isn't a full-time job replacement so even if you're only earning $25 every few months, I'd say you're still winning.
Perksy Pros and Cons
- There are a lot of gift card options – Canada has about 20 gift card options while the US has close to 100.
- Good support – I've had a couple of problems with my account linking to the wrong perkstore and the support has helped me fix it with no problems.
- Fun user experience – With the visuals and interactive questions, Perksy isn't boring and it definitely doesn't feel like “work”.
- Refer a friend program – Referrals are an awesome way to boost your balance. Start telling your friends about the app!
- Accurate info for Stacks – Before you start a Stack you can see an estimate for how long it will take, and the estimate is actually accurate (unlike some surveys). You can also see when the Stack will expire.
- Not a job replacement – It took me about 6 months of having the app to reach a $25 payout. Keep in mind I missed some stacks and didn't use the app at all for a few months, but still.
- Can't see point history – I wish there was a simple way to see a summary of past Stacks taken, referrals, etc.
- Stacks are rare – Since Perksy is still relatively small, there just aren't a lot of stacks to go around. Demographics come into play as well so some users may get more than others.
- iOS only – Hopefully as Perksy grows they'll expand to Android devices.
Is Perksy Legit?
That's the big question. Does Perksy actually pay out?
I waited until I had at least 2,500 points in my account to write this review so I could request a gift card, and here's the Perksy payment proof:
How to Use a Perksy Gift Card
After you redeem a Perk you can find it in the “My Perks” section of the app.
When you want to use one of your cards, just tap on it and you'll be brought to a page like this with the barcode and pin:
Checking the Balance of My Card
To make sure it was legit, I checked the balance of the card on the Cineplex website, and it's real!
Here's the proof:
All I have to say is, I'm excited to see a free movie with my new gift card! Probably the easiest $25 I've ever made.
I'm glad Perksy is legit as well or this Perksy review would have ended kind of awkwardly.
What Others Are Saying About Perksy
I've seen a lot of people complaining about Perksy for one reason:
They get to around 2,400 points (right before being able to redeem a gift card) and then Perksy stops sending them Stacks. Is it just a coincidence or is Perksy a scam?
Well, I documented my own journey to see if the same thing would happen to me.
Here's what happened:
As you can see from the photo above, I reached 2,492 points on Feb 7, 2019. I was literally 8 points away from a reward, and I was honestly a bit worried about getting scammed as well.
However, two days later on Feb 9, I got another Stack which awarded me 50 points, which gave me more than enough to redeem a $25 gift card.
So, if you get close to 2,500 points, just be patient. Stacks come at completely random times so just make sure to have your notifications on and don't expect to get a certain amount of Stacks every month.
If you're wondering how to get more stacks on Perksy, the simple answer is that you can't. You've just got to wait.
How to Get Started on Perksy
Ready to sign up and get started? It's easy. Here's how:
- Download the Perksy app.
- Create an account.
- Fill out some info about yourself (e.g. education level, cultural background, living situation, etc.). (These questions help Perksy match you to appropriate surveys.)
- Enable notifications so you don't miss any stacks
After that, you're all set! When a Stack notification pops up on your phone, try to complete it as soon as possible!
Perksy Review: Final Thoughts
Perksy definitely isn't a full-time job replacement, but it's a legit (and fun) way to earn some gift cards in your free time.
If you want to get started earning, download the app here. If you're already a Perksy user, let me know what you think of it!
Check out these other apps like Perksy:
If you're interested in earning a more consistent full-time or side income from home, check out these high paying work from home jobs.
If you found this post helpful, I'd be super happy if you shared it!
I'm trying to help as many people as possible with this blog but I need your help to help more people (lots of helping). Thank you!