Mistplay claims to pay you to play mobile games, but is it worth signing up?
In this Mistplay review and earning guide, we'll break everything down, including whether or not Mistplay is legit, who can join, how safe it is, how it works, the earning potential, and more. All backed by first-hand experience, reviews, insights, and data from real Mistplay users and other sources around the web.
Table of Contents
- Key Points ⚡
- What is Mistplay?
- About the Company
- Legit Check
- Payment Proof
- Who Can Join?
- Safety Inspection
- Support Quality
- How Does Mistplay Work?
- Earning Potential
- Review and Rating Breakdown
- Ways to Earn + Tips
- Mistplay Currency Conversions
- How to Cash Out
- Additional Features
- User Reviews (3)
- Pros and Cons
- Is It Worth It?
- How to Get Started
- Final Thoughts
Key Points ⚡
|Location(s)||International (15 countries/regions)|
|Avg. Work Volume||A few opportunities a week|
|Avg. Time to 1st Withdrawal||4 days (lowest: 2 days)|
|Ways to Earn||Playing mobile games, referrals|
|Payout Options||Gift Cards, PayPal, Prepaid Credit Cards|
|Avg. Payment Speed||2 business days|
The guide portions of this Mistplay review were written by u/ImTheNesquikRabbit, a Redditor and verified Mistplay user who had been using the app for over a year.
As part of a continued effort, we've so far surveyed a total of 3 Mistplay users for the earnings data and other user insights and reviews in this guide. (Note that all earnings data is in USD)
Finally, the research potions of this review (i.e. the legit check, safety inspection, company information, etc.) — along with additional editing and proofreading — were done by Dylan Houlihan.
What is Mistplay?
Founded in 2016 by Henri-Charles Machalani, Mistplay is dubbed as “the first loyalty platform for mobile gamers.” Simply put, it’s a mobile app that enables you to earn money and other rewards for playing games on your phone.
More on how this works below.
Sign up for Swift Saturday Financial, a quick weekly newsletter that features extra money ideas, business stories, and more!
Unsubscribe at any time. I'll never share or sell your information.
About the Company
- Founded: October 2015
- Parent company: N/A
- Legal name: Mistplay Inc.
- Located: 481 Avenue Viger O, Montreal, Quebec H2Z 1G6, CA
- Founder(s): Henri-Charles Machalani | Charles Machalani | Eugene Joannides
- Socials: LinkedIn | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Youtube | Reddit
- Contact details: email@example.com (for support requests) | support Page (for general user support requests) | firstname.lastname@example.org (for privacy inquiries)
Conducted on December 5, 2021.
Here are Mistplay's legitness indicators:
- Functional and well-made website and app listing on the Google Play store with no obvious grammar mistakes or other red flags
- Free to sign up and start earning
- No obviously fake testimonials on the website
- No ridiculous earnings claims or unrealistic signup bonuses
- Transparent about how they work and how you can earn money as a user
- It’s easy to find the founders, team, and other info about the company. They even have a verified Google Maps listing.
- Healthy presence online/on social media with a generally positive social sentiment
- Have a good number of reviews on the Google Play store with a 4.2/5 rating.
- Respond to (most) user reviews on Google Play
- Reasonable minimum payout amount
- Pays (proof)
And here are the red flags we found surrounding Mistplay:
- Their TrustPilot reviews are not great (2.1/5 based on 71 reviews at the time of writing) with a decent number of users reporting being blocked out of the app after attempting to cash out. They don’t seem to respond to TrustPilot reviews either.
- No iOS app. They had a waitlist for an iOS app back in 2020 (seen via the Wayback Machine) but it’s gone now, with no explanation from Mistplay on why. Is there some reason why Apple won’t allow it on the app store? The most likely reason we could think of for this is that Apple doesn't allow apps to provide overlays on other apps — this is a feature on Androids that enables Mistplay to track your gameplay and let you know when you earn points.
Is Mistplay Legit?
To summarize the findings above, yes, we believe that Mistplay is a legitimate company and a legitimate earning opportunity. They've built up a solid reputation since launching in 2015, it’s easy to find the founders and team behind the site (along with the location of the company’s headquarters), and overall, Mistplay's intentions seem good. On top of that, Mistplay has paid plenty of users in the past, with proof.
That said, Mistplay isn’t perfect. As we found, they have their fair share of critics throughout the web. But, that’s inevitable with any popular app, especially one that allows you to earn money. Some users are just going to have a bad experience, and those users are typically the loudest.
Mistplay Payment Proof
To further show that Mistplay is legit, here's a payment proof from our reviewer:
Who Can Join? (Requirements)
- Age requirement: Must be 18 years or older to register.
- Country requirements: Australia, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, New Zealand, Norway, Singapore, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom, United States
- If Mistplay isn't available in you region yet, sign up so you can be alerted when it is.
- Device requirements: Android
- Payout requirements: No strict requirements. Read the cashing out section to learn more.
- Skill requirements: No special skills required other than the ability to play games!
Conducted on December 5, 2021.
- SSL certificate? Yes.
- Personal data collected from Mistplay users:
- Name, email, mailing address, age, gender, social media profiles, phone number, and PayPal information.
- IP address and Google Advertising ID.
- If you sign into Mistplay using a third-party profile (e.g. Google or Facebook), they’ll import your first name and last name.
- Redeeming rewards may require either phone number verification or face verification via a video selfie. Face verification is done through a third-party provider called Facetec.
- Do they have reasonable data sharing practices? Yes. Mistplay only shares data as necessary to run the platform, and has good policies in place to prevent it from being used in ways it's not supposed to be.
- Do they sell user data? Only if the business is sold. In that case, they say, “under no circumstances will such transactions result in your information being used for other purposes than those for which you gave us your consent.”
- Can you opt out? Yes. “You may withdraw your consent to the collection of personal information at any time by sending a written request to email@example.com.” Keep in mind you may not be able to make money with Mistplay after doing this.
- Can you delete your account and data? Yes, by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How long is data kept? After deletion, data may be kept for an additional 12 months for “administrative or accounting purposes.”
- Have they ever had a data breach? No.
Is Mistplay Safe?
In the end, Mistplay primarily gathers and uses user data in order to prevent people from defrauding the platform, which makes sense. If it were easy for people to bot and earn money without doing any actual work, that would ruin Mistplay for every legitimate user, which would suck.
Note: To see how actual users feel about Mistplay's safety, read our 3 Mistplay user reviews.
Obligatory disclaimer: Nothing on the internet is 100% safe or private. The above are opinions based on our independent research. Please take caution and do your own due diligence.
Mistplay Support Quality
Here are the support experiences we've gathered from the 3 Mistplay users we've surveyed:
I contacted them once to ask questions about the gift cards, they were pretty slow to email me back but when I did get a hold of them they were helpful and answered my questions.– u/ImTheNesquikRabbit
I contacted them a few times about the gift cards I redeemed. They answered back within a few days and usually helped me.– u/ImWorkinBishhhh
Note: Have you had experience with Mistplay support? Leave a review below.
How Does Mistplay Work?
At its core, Mistplay is an advertising business. They partner with game studios who pay them money for each new user they refer to their game(s). This is how Mistplay makes money – and how they’re able to pay people like you and me to play games.
On the user side of things, Mistplay works as a sort of rewards program for mobile gamers. When you sign up for the app, you’ll be recommended an array of games that you’ll earn points (called Units) for playing. These points can be redeemed for a variety of rewards within the app.
Keep reading for more details on:
- Mistplay's overall earning potential
- All the ways to make money on Mistplay
- How to cash out your Mistplay earnings
- Additional features
- How to get started
- And more!
Mistplay Earning Potential
Based on 3 Mistplay users that we've surveyed so far, here are the stats we gathered on Mistplay's pay rate:
- Avg. $/hour: $1.33
- Highest $/hour: $2
- Lowest $/hour: $1
- Avg. $/month: $13.33
- Highest $/month: $20
- Lowest $/month: $10
Note: These numbers are updated regularly as we survey more users. Sign up here to stay up to date + receive exclusive content. If you're a Mistplay user, help us gather more accurate data by contacting us!
How Often Is Work Available?
There are a few things that will affect how often you'll be able to earn on Mistplay:
- The number of games you have available for playing on Mistplay will vary depending on your location and the time.
- You can only earn money from each game for 2 hours max each day.
- Each game has a “Checkpoint” cap (once hit, you'll no longer earn units playing that game).
We asked 3 Mistplay users, “How often do you make money from Mistplay?” Here are their responses:
- 1 said less than a few times a month
- 1 said a few times a month
- 0 said a few times a week
- 1 said a few times a day
- 0 said almost always
- 0 said always
Read the full user reviews below for more details behind these numbers.
- Bottom line? Mistplay isn't going to replace your full time job.
- Want to share your experience? Leave a comment!
Mistplay Review and Rating Breakdown
Mistplay really does pay you to play mobile games. It's a super unique and fun opportunity. However, the earnings are quite low and the selection of games isn't always the best, so your mileage may vary. If you're gaming on your phone already anyway, it's worth trying out, but don't expect it to be a stellar side hustle!
Ways to Earn on Mistplay + Tips
There are 3 main ways to earn money on Mitsplay:
1. Playing Games
Playing games is the main way to earn money on Mistplay.
There are a variety of games available, but your options will vary based on what Mistplay has available at the given time. Your location can also affect your game selection.
To install and play a game:
- Tap on the game you want to install in Mistplay and hit install
- You’ll be taken to the Google Play store where you can then install the game
- Wait for the game to finish installing then launch the game through Mistplay
Note: You must launch the game from the Mistplay app or it won’t record your session. No recorded session = no earnings 🙁
Here's how earning from gameplay works:
As you play games on Mistplay, you’ll earn Game Experience Points (GXP). Earning enough GXP in any particular game will allow you to reach “Checkpoints”. When you reach a checkpoint, you’ll earn Units (the blue jewels pictured above). These can be exchanged for rewards in the Mistplay shop.
- Look for boosted games to maximize your earnings. Don’t bother with games that have 1-3 Jewels as those are low earners.
- After you’ve played a game for 2 hours on Mistplay, you’ll stop earning GXP for that game. So remember to switch to a new one if you want to continue earning!
2. Bonus Tasks
Within the bonus tab on Mistplay, you’ll find a variety of additional ways to earn extra Units, including:
You can quickly find these tasks by going to your profile and tapping the little present icon in the top right.
Referrals are part of the “bonus tasks” section, but they deserve their own spot in this review as making money with referrals can be quite lucrative.
When you refer someone to Mistplay, you’ll earn 100 units once they cash out their first gift card. They’ll earn a bonus of 50 units as well.
Mistplay holds weekly contests that give you the chance to win 10,000 units. Each contest requires you to complete certain tasks in order to gain entries.
You can quickly see your progress in the Contest by referring to the Ticket icon at the top of the Mistplay app. This shows your number of entries. If you tap the Ticket, you'll be able to see the tasks you need to complete in order to gain your entries.
While this isn't a guaranteed way to make money on Mistplay, it's still nice to have.
How Much Are Mistplay Units Worth?
Mistplay’s Units-Dollars conversion rate is a little bit frustrating as it varies based on the reward you’re redeeming.
- At the worst conversion rate (redeeming for a $0.50 Amazon gift card), each Unit is worth around $0.00125.
- At the best conversion rate (redeeming for rewards valued at $10+), each Unit you earn is worth around $0.0033.
Needless to say, it’s best to save up your units until you can afford at least a $10 reward if you want to get the best rate for your Units.
How to Cash Out on Mistplay
Once you earn at least $0.50 (400 units) on Mistplay, you can choose from 3 main payout options (more details on each below):
Note: Payout options can vary depending on your location.
Payments are typically sent within 2 days.
- Minimum Payout: $10
- Fees: None
2. Prepaid Credit Cards
- Minimum Payout: $5
- Fees: None.
Currently, the only prepaid credit card available is from Visa. Still a great option as Visa cards are accepted almost anywhere. Perfect for teens who can't access a PayPal account too.
3. Gift Cards
- Minimum Payout: $0.50
- Fees: None
Gift card options include Amazon, Xbox, PS4, Walmart, Best Buy, and more.
Additional Mistplay Features
1. Chat Rooms
There are two chat features on Mistplay. You can either chat with other players by searching their username, or you can join game chat rooms by going to any game and tapping the chat icon at the top.
Game chat rooms can be helpful for learning new strategies or just socializing with other members.
Note: You'll need to reach Checkpoint 5 in any given game to gain access to that game's chatrooms.
Each game has its own leaderboard. To see this, just tap on a game then tap on the trophy icon.
This section shows which players have the most GXP (game experience) within the game you tapped on.
Badges are available on some games on Mistplay and they can be an easy way to earn extra units. To find out if a game has badges, just check the game details page:
The badges that require you to make in-app purchases are a bit annoying, but others can be easy to get.
As mentioned above, you'll earn bonus units for playing games on Mistplay for multiple consecutive days in a row. Depending on your account, you'll either receive Units each day you maintain your streak, or you'll receive them at the end of a successful week.
To keep your streak, just launch a game through Mistplay every day. You can quickly see your current streak progress by referring to the Flame icon at the top of the Mistplay app.
Mistcodes are secret codes that give you special rewards like Units and Avatars. Here’s how to redeem them:
- Visit the Profile tab
- Tap the three dots in the top right corner
- Tap Mistcode
- Enter the Mistcode exactly as it's written (they are case-sensitive)
Tip: Follow Mistplay on social media and subscribe to their newsletter to increase your chances of finding a Mistcode. A free Mistcode you can use right away is “GMATURTLE”.
6. Loyalty Gems
Loyalty gems are the purple gems are that you earn when you make in-app purchases on specific games through Mistplay. You can see whether or not a game offers Gems by checking its game details page.
After earning some Gems, you can use them to unlock content within the Mistplay app, or you can exchange them for units.
- 15 Gems = 100 Units (6.6 Units per Gem)
- 100 Gems = 1000 Units (10 Units per Gem)
Loyalty Gems also contribute to your Mistplay Status:
7. Mistplay Status
There are 4 Mistplay Status levels:
- Bronze (everyone starts here)
As you earn Loyalty Gems, you’ll level up your Status. Higher levels give you better perks on Mistplay including increased Unit and Gem earnings.
However, this expires eventually:
Your Mistplay status will only last for the current month and the next month. So, for example, if you earn Silver status on January 10th, you'll keep that status until the end of February.
Mistplay Reviews From Users
We've currently gathered a total of 3 Mistplay reviews from users who gave Mistplay an average rating of 4.17/5.
Each reviewer was given a small incentive for providing their unbiased thoughts and feedback.
Jonathon Torres (3.5/5)
- From: United States
- Age: 32
- User for: 2 months
- Total earned: $25
- Avg. $/hour: $1
- Avg. $/month: $10
- Makes money: A few times a month
- Time to first withdrawal: 6 days
Overall thoughts? It's a good way to get paid if you love playing mobile games.
Would you recommend it to others? Yes, I would recommend it to anyone who loves playing mobile games.
How's the user experience? It's straightforward but be sure to launch the app from the Mistplay app to get rewarded.
Any safety concerns? The app is very safe because they don't require personal information.
Tips for new users? Download games you love playing.
- Getting paid to play games
- The limited selection. They need more games.
- From: United States
- Age: 21
- User for: 13 months
- Total earned: $50
- Avg. $/hour: $1
- Avg. $/month: $20
- Makes money: A few times a day
- Time to first withdrawal: 4 days
Overall thoughts? Overall, I think anyone should try it provided you have the patience for such things, the rewards are worth it
Would you recommend it to others? I'd recommend it to people who want gift cards without spending the money, it's one of the best ways to earn gift cards especially if you like mobile games and there's a community on there to chat about whatever mobile game you're playing if you're into that.
How's the user experience? It's actually very easy to use, the only aggravating bug I know of is when you go to download a new game, sometimes it'll break and not reward you for playing the game because Google didn't credit them. I have only had it happen to me twice, though it was still annoying.
Any safety concerns? I personally haven't had any issues but when creating an account you can only use your Google account or Facebook account. Recently they've added face verification to make sure only “legitimate” players can redeem gift cards but I stopped using Mistplay before that was added.
Tips for new users? Play the boosted games as much as possible. Don't waste your time with low payouts. If you're not enjoying the game you're playing, find one you do enjoy because if you're not having fun then you're gonna have the patience.
- UI is very sleek.
- The little avatars you can choose are adorable.
- There's a raffle you can enter to win prizes.
- The community is a little annoying, often asking follow for follow.
- Customer support is slow at times
- Sometimes when you download games it'll say it wasn't credited by the Playstore for your download, meaning you don't get anything for playing the game.
- From: United States
- Age: 21
- User for: 10 months
- Total earned: $100
- Avg. $/hour: $2
- Avg. $/month: $10
- Makes money: Less than a few times a month
- Time to first withdrawal: 4 days
Overall thoughts? I love it. It's been my favorite way to make some side cash. If you enjoy playing games, definitely try it out.
Would you recommend it to others? Definitely yes. It's fun and great to get some extra money while playing good games.
How's the user experience? Good, it's easy to use and rarely glitches.
Any safety concerns? No.
Tips for new users? Play as many games as possible a day and try to level up on them.
- Games are fun
- Cashout options have a variety
- Games for everyone
- Its easy and a pretty good way to make some money
- Leveling up and getting more units takes a little while
- Being too busy to play the games
Mistplay Pros and Cons
- Fun and easy way to earn money
- Decent way to discover new mobile games
- Variety of games
- Nice social features
- Good support team
- Low earnings
- Requires phone number and face verification for payouts
- Can only log in via Google or Facebook account
- Inactivity penalty – If you don't log in to your Mistplay account at least once a year, it might get terminated.
- Point conversion varies across rewards – Players who don't want to save up their units get a worse Unit to Dollar conversion rate.
Is Mistplay Worth It?
If you’re already spending a lot of time playing mobile games anyway, Mistplay is definitely worth checking out. You might discover some new games that you enjoy in the process, and you’ll be able to start earning a bit of extra money as you go.
That said, if you don’t play many mobile games, don’t enjoy mobile games, or you’re looking for a side hustle that’ll make you a significant amount of money, Mistplay probably isn’t for you.
Think of Mistplay more as a way to get more out of your mobile gaming – not a super lucrative side hustle.
How to Get Started on Mistplay
Ok, ready to try making some money on Mistplay? Just follow the steps below.
But first, some additional things you should know before getting started:
- No VPN's, autoscrollers, or emulators allowed
- Can’t have multiple accounts on one device
- Using a rooted device may get you banned
Step 1. Create Your Account
In order to create your Mistplay account you’ll have to log in via Google or Facebook. You may or may not have to confirm your email afterward.
Tip: Sign up here to receive a 200 Unit welcome bonus + 50 bonus Units.
Step 2. Fill Your Profile
Mistplay will ask you to answer some questions after you create your account. You'll need to:
- Enter your birthday and gender
- Pick an avatar
- Allow Mistplay to draw over other apps (this enables the in-game overlay that allows Mistplay to track your gameplay and show your progress)
- Pick your favorite game apps from a list (this helps Mistplay suggest relevant games)
Step 3. Take the Tour
Mistplay will give you a quick walkthrough of how the app works, where things are located, and how you can start earning. Be sure to go through it. It's quick and helpful.
Afterward, take some time to look through the rest of the app and get acquainted with all of the features.
Step 4. Start Earning
When you're ready, install a game from Mistplay, launch it, and start earning!
Remember to enjoy yourself. If you find yourself playing games you hate just to make some cash, maybe reevaluate why you’re using Mistplay. There are plenty of better (and potentially more enjoyable) ways to make money if you’re willing to put in the work.
If you ever need a refresher, come back to this Mistplay review/guide!
Tip: Remember to log into your Mistplay account at least once per year to avoid the inactivity penalty.
If you like making money playing games, check out these Mistplay alternatives:
For similar money-making ideas and opportunities, check out the Hustle Finder, or one of these guides:
- Best GPT Sites (Get Paid To Sites)
- Best Survey Sites & Apps
- Top Micro Job Sites
- Sites That Will Pay You to Test Websites and Apps
- Apps That Pay You to Walk
- Beginner Transcription Jobs from Home
- How to Start Working From Home
Hope you found this review of Mistplay helpful! If you did, please consider sharing it to spread the word — one share helps more than you know!
- Are you a Mistplay user? Click here to leave your own short Mistplay review below.
- Have questions or feedback? Leave a comment or contact us.