At Swift Salary, we gather and publish user reviews for a collection of digital platforms. Below are some guidelines and instructions for reviewers and vendors.
Table of Contents:
Last updated: September 2022
Before a review is approved and published live on the site, it goes through our review processing procedure. During this process, we:
- Ensure reviews were submitted by a legitimate source. We do our best to verify the identities of reviewers to prevent fake or dishonest reviews.
- May modify reviews to improve readability. We will never modify a review in a way that changes its sentiment. However, we may correct typos, add new lines, or make other modifications to improve the overall readability of the review. Also, if a title isn't provided with a review, we will add one based on other information provided in the review.
About Anonymous Reviews
As you browse reviews on Swift Salary, you'll notice that some reviews are marked as being submitted by an “Anonymous” person. This is due to the reviewer's choice to hide their identity. Reviews that are marked as anonymous are still submitted by real people and still undergo the same review processing as any other user review submitted on the site.
A “reviewer” or “reviewers” are those who leave reviews on Swift Salary.
Rules for Reviewers
- Must detail a genuine and honest experience. If we suspect a reviewer has lied about something on their review, we may reach out for additional information.
- If reviewing a platform, that platform should be officially supported in your country/region. Reviews from users who use a platform from an unsupported country/region (even if a VPN or similar is used to bypass restrictions) will not be approved.
- Reviewers should not be affiliated in any way with the product being reviewed. That means vendors or employees may not submit reviews of their own products or a competitor's products.
- Reviews must be original. Content should be original and written directly and solely by the person leaving the review. Copy-pasting content from another source is not allowed and reviews will be checked for plagiarism.
- No profanity or hate speech. When writing your review, keep things civil. Please do not harass others, make threats, curse obscenely, or similar.
- Claims of fraud, criminal activity, or similar must be verified. If a reviewer makes any of these claims, we will reach out for additional evidence. If it can't be provided, the claims will either be redacted from the review or the review won't be published at all.
- Don't review the same platform twice. Even if you have multiple accounts or email addresses, reviewing the same platform multiple times is not helpful. Please do not do it. If you want to update a review, you can follow the steps below.
Note: Reviewers who repeatedly violate the rules above may have any previously published reviews removed and future reviews automatically declined.
Reviewer Terms and Privacy
By submitting a review, you:
- Consent to receiving emails related to your review. We may email you for additional information surrounding your review or identity. We may also email you 1 year after your review is published to see if you'd like to make any changes or updates to it.
- Consent to receiving incentive offers. In special cases, we may email you with the offer to leave a new review in exchange for a small reward. You can unsubscribe from these emails at any time.
How to Write Helpful Reviews
- Be as detailed and specific as possible. For example, instead of saying, “This platform has great support”, explain your exact experience with the support team: “I reached out to the platforms support team on a Friday as I was having trouble logging into my account. They actually reached out the next day (on the weekend) and helped me resolve the problem by sending me a password reset link.”
- Answer as many questions as you can. Many of the fields in our review forms are optional but take little time to fill out. If you have an extra minute or two to spare, please fill out as many of the fields as possible. This greatly improves the overall quality and helpfulness of your review.
- Be honest, but objective. Whether you've had an extremely positive, extremely negative, or somewhere in-between experience with the product you're reviewing, try your best to share some things you like and don't like.
Updating a Review
If you'd like to update a previously submitted review, you can either submit a new review and we'll delete your old one (please use the same email address on both reviews), or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org to do a quick update.
When contacting us:
- Use the same email you used when submitting your review. This allows us to confirm that you were the one who originally wrote the review. If you can't use the same email, you'll need to confirm that you were the original reviewer by using a social media account like Reddit, LinkedIn, Facebook, etc. If that's necessary, we'll provide further instructions in our response.
- Write your subject line as “Update [insert platform name] review”. For example, if you wanted to update your Swagbucks review, your subject line would be “Update Swagbucks review”.
- Use the content area of your email to indicate your desired updates. For example, if you want to update the “Title” of your review, you can write “Title: This is my new title”.
Following these steps will ensure your update goes through as quickly and smoothly as possible.
In some cases, reviewers may receive the opportunity to earn a nominal reward in exchange for submitting a helpful and honest review. Incentivized reviews are marked as so directly on the review, under the reviewer source tooltip.
Note that if your review isn't published on Swift Salary (due to quality issues or going against the guidelines above), it won't be eligible for an incentive.
A “Vendor” or “Vendors” are those who own or operate a product/service/platform that users can review on Swift Salary.
Rules for Vendors
- Vendors (and employees) may not review their own product(s) or competitor's products. This includes submitting reviews on behalf of a user or influencing a user's review.
- Vendors may not cherry-pick who to invite to leave a review. If a vendor wants to invite their user base to leave reviews on Swift Salary, they must invite all types of users, whether the resulting feedback will be positive or negative.
- Vendors may not offer incentives in exchange for a review. Vendors can invite reviewers to leave a review, but can not offer cash or other rewards as an incentive. This includes soliciting reviews on task or gig platforms.
- When responding to user reviews, vendors should provide a personalized response (rather than a copy-pasted generic message) and should try their best to resolve the issue directly on Swift Salary rather than by referring the user to a support email or support center. Future readers will appreciate this.
Note: Breaking any of the rules above will result in a rule breaker warning being placed on your product's profile page.
How to Respond to Reviews
Vendors may respond to user reviews by emailing email@example.com.
When contacting us:
- Use an official email. The email should make it obvious that you're an official representative for the company/product. For example, if you want to respond to Swagbucks user reviews, contact us with an @swagbucks.com or @prodege.com email address.
- Write your subject line as “Response to review #[insert review ID]”. You can find the review ID by hovering over the (?) tooltip next to “Reviewer Source” on the review. The review ID is at the bottom of the tooltip popup window and looks like this: #12345. More details below.
- Put your response in the email content area. You don't need to include anything else but your response in the content of the email. This will make it easy for us to add your response to the live site as quickly as possible.
How to Find a Review's ID
Rule Breaker Warning
A rule breaker warning is a written warning displayed on a product's profile page. This warning lets users know that the product vendor has violated one or more of the rules above and is potentially untrustworthy.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.